Chapter 17

It's so late already and I can't seem to find any sleep

It's so late already and I can't seem to find any sleep. I toss and turn in my bed, trying to find that perfect sleeping position. It's been quite a long time since Lucas had left for his room. I wisn he was here with me at the moment. I need someone to talk to.

The cool breeze that enters my room, makes me pull the covers towards me. That's weird. I'm pretty sure all my windows are closed. I get up to check on the windows again. Closed. Then were is all this cool breeze coming from?

Shrugging it off, I walk back to my bed  and fall into it, staring at the black ceiling in the dark. All the events that have happened recently, invade my thoughts. What have I ever done to deserve such a life? I wish I hadn't come to Nirvana in the first place. This was all mom and dad's fault.

Wait. Mom and dad. They been gone for quite a while now. Since the party. That's odd. They should be back by now. It's been days since I've seen them. I should call them tomorrow. It's impossible for them to disappear just like that. They've never...

A dim white light from the corner of my room catches my attention. I turn my head to the source and I gasp, my eyes widening. I slowly back away, my eyes still focused on the person before me.

This is impossible. This has never happened before. How on earth did this happen?

"Moon Goddess," I whisper in disbelief, as I bow down to her in respect.

"Rise, Alyssa. There's no use to be so formal with me. I hate formalities." He melodious voice sounded like sweet music to me ears.

I rose and stood in place, waiting for her to speak. To be visited by the Moon Goddess is really rare. Only Alphas and Lunas get visited by the Moon Goddess. And in most of these visits, she reveals your future or warns you of a certain threat that bestows your life.

I watch as her white  crimson hair, identical to the colour of the Moon, sways from side to side as she takes a sit on my bed. Her white clothes complements the colour of her hair, and her soft fair skin.

"Come, Alyssa. Take a seat next to me. I need to speak to you. It is urgent," she pats the spot next to her and I oblige and sit.

"You need to listen carefully to each and everything I say." I nod and urge her to continue.

"Alyssa, Luna of the Red Blood Pack. Alpha Zander's mate. I have seen all the challenges you have been facing since the time you have steppped foot in this pack house. But not to worry, my dear Alyssa. This is all meant to happen. This is a trial to test your capabilities. This is a trial to see if your decisions will lead you to the right path in the end," her voice is pure and calm.

"What do you mean, Moon Goddess?"

"I mean exactly what I am saying, my dear Alyssa. This is a trial, to test your capabilities of leading a pack along your chosen Alpha. This is a trial to test if you can differentiate between all the secrets, truths and lies that were hidden by your beloved all this time."

I eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. What truths was she talking about? My beloved are keeping secrets from me?

"But Moon Goddess--" she cuts me off.

"There are so many truths you have yet to learn Alyssa. Some may be revealed now, but others in a later stage. It's your duty to seek for answers. The answers you've been seeking so long to find. Perhaps this will help you." She hands me the Forbidden Magic book.

"How?" I ask as I feel the familiar leather on my finger tips.

"All the answers you've been looking for is here, my dear Alyssa. All your magic secrets will be revealed. But for the rest, you need to figure them out yourself," she holds my hands, as her face begins to slowly fade away.

"Wait, I still have questions," I say loudly as she fades away faster.

"Don't worry, Alyssa. I trust that you will be able to figure out everything by yourself."

She vanished into thin air before my eyes. I look at the book in my hands.

Finally I'll get the chance to find out about my magic powers. And how it possibly causes a threat to the world.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading. This is all I could write with all this writer's block. I hope you enjoyed it!