Epilogue

"Yes. I beat you. I finally beat you," I celebrate a wide grin plastered on my lips. I had finally beat Lucas in Call Of Duty for the first time. He is really good at the game.

"Just this round. Let's see if you can beat me at the next round," he said, grabbing his controller once more.

"Nah man. I'm really tired. I can't feel my thumbs," I say, showing him my redden thumbs. I've been playing for a straight six hours.

"Uhhh. You're no fun anymore, Al," he said, bringing his face to mine, pouting at me. I rolled my eyes at him, pushing his face away with my hands.

"I'm really tired, Luke. I can't play anymore," I told him, getting up from the binbag seats.

"Fine," Lucas said, sulking, getting up with me.

"I promise to play with you tomorrow. Besides, we've got all the time in the world to spend time together," I told him, as he followed me into the kitchen.

Lucas, Zander, Ruth and I were all on vacation. After all that happened, we thought this would be the time to finally relax and forget the past amd all the bad that has happened.

"If it weren't for you, I don't think I would have had this time," Lucas brought up, making me face him.

"Lucas, I told you this so many times. I did this for you. I didn't want to lose you so early. You don't have to thank me," I told him. Laying a hand in his shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly.

He was mentioning the day, he had passed away. I couldn't bare the pain of losing a friend as close to me as Lucas was. He was basically a brother to me, and I couldn't lose him.

So I used my elemental powers, to revive Lucas. I was so happy that it worked when I saw him waking up.

From then on, I took care of Lucas myself, until he had fully recovered. I'm happy to see him happy and alive with all of us today.

He gave me a small smile, before we both wandered into the kitchen, finding Ruth and Zander there already.

"Hey, princess," Zander said, as I walked into his arms, pecking his lips.

"Ew, Zander. PDA," Ruth said, scrunching her nose in disgust. I rolled my eyes at her, kissing Zander once more on his lips.

We both pulled away, his eyes bore into mine. "I overheard that you just beat Lucas in Call Of Duty." He had his hands on my waist, while mine hung on his chest.

"Yeah, I did," I said, flashing a devilish grin at Lucas.

"It was only this once. She always loses at Call Of Duty," Lucas said as he stood behind Ruth, arms wrapped around her, nuzzling her neck.

These two are so cute. On the day Lucas had risen, he had found out that his and Ruth's marks were identical.

Ruth was happy yet grieved that she had almost lost her mate. She couldn't bare to see Lucas suffer so she took care of him, with Zander and I by her side to help her every step of the way.

I'm thrilled that Lucas' mate turned out to be Ruth. The two are perfect for each other.

"Now, who's the one with the PDA?" I asked teasingly, as Lucas lay a kiss on Ruth's lips, making her blush immensely.

"I think we should leave the two love birds alone," Zander whispered to me, holding my wrist gently as he pulled me away.

"Don't get too naughty, Lucas," I called out to him.

"I won't. Promise," he called back. I doubt it.

Zander led me to the lounge, making the both of us take a seat on the comfy couch.

I yelped in surprise when Zander lifted me up, placing me on his lap, his hand on my exposed thigh.

He nuzzled my neck, leaving behind trails of wet kisses. My breath hitched when he kissed the mark he had made on my neck.

"What are you doing, Zander?" I said breathlessly, as I felt his lips pull into a smirk.

"Nothing," he said, beginning to caress my exposed thigh, causing goosebumps to prickle my skin.

"I know what you're up to, Zander. Don't be naughty," I warned him, trying to fight off the smirk that wanted to appear on my lips.

"You only warned Lucas," he said, turning me around so that I was facing him, straddling him at the moment.

I had my hands on his chest, while his hands firmly gripped my thighs.

"You didn't warn me," he said, his voice becoming dangerously low and husky.

Involuntarily, I nibbled my bottom lip, making his gaze drop to my lips.

"But I did warn you about that, love," he said, gently grabbing my face and bringing his lips on mine.

His hand encircled my waist, bringing me close to him. His kiss was heated, toxic and I couldn't help but get lost in it.

Grabbing his hair, I pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. His hands lowered back to my exposed thighs, as he gently caressed them, making me moan in his mouth. I'm afraid if we didn't stop, this might go further.

The ringtone of Zander's phone had the both of us pulling away. I looked at Zander, whose lips where puffy and swollen from the kiss, his hair ruffled from the way I had grabbed him.

"Why does one thing or another have to disturb us," he murmured in annoyance, grabbing his phone from his pocket whilst his other hand still held me thigh.

"Yes, Cass," he huffed out in annoyance as he listened to Cass' rant over the phone.

After a while, he hung up, running a hand through his dark hair.

"Complaining about Syllas again?" I asked him, to which he nodded, laying his head back on the couch.

Unfortunately for Syllas, he got Cass as a mate and I can't feel more sorry for the guy.

He adores her so much, but for her, he's nothing but a second rated beta who can't get anything done right.

I really feel sorry for Syllas. He's so caring and gentle, but for all that goodness, the Moon Goddess had to bless him with a mate like Cass. How mean.

"She can't even leave you alone during vacation," I stated.

"Tell me about it, princess," he said, looking straight back at me.

"But I really feel bad for Syllas. He has to endure all that fir the rest if his life. If only Cass could see that Syllas isn't as bad as she thought, maybe their relationship might work out," I told him, as he pecked my lips, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm sure Cass we see all the goodness in Syllas soon. It will take some time but I'm sure she will figure everything out," he stated reassuringly.

Zander and I both scream as water is splashed onto the both of us, making us soaking wet.

"Got you," Ruth said, giving Lucas a hi five. They each had water guns in their hands, laughing hysterically at our suspense.

"You both are not getting away with this," I said springing from the couch, grabbing a pair of water guns for Zander and myself.

Tossing one at Zander, we both get up, running after the two lovebirds.

A bright smile graced my lips as I shot at Lucas and Ruth.

Realisation dawned upon me, making me realise that this was it. Fighting off all my demons with the help of my guardian angels was the key to unlocking my happiness.

It wasn't easy to obtain victory, but I had managed to, and now I know one thing. This is where I'm supposed to be. This is where I belong.

With my mate.

My two best friends.

And a very happy ending.

T H E   E N D