Chapter 36

I pushed away the vampire rogue, backing away from it.

"Mon cheri, Alyssa. Why are you running away from me?" It sneered. It's fangs glistened in the dimly lit room. Blood covered them, like he's just had a feast.

Fear consumed me with every step it took forward. I back away, as the vampire crept forward. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I could feel the tension and danger that evaded the air. Whatever I do, I needed to get out of here.

"Who... who... are you?" I stuttered, my eyes focused on the vampire.

A grin plastered on its red covered lips. "Zander didn't tell you about me? That's just so rude of him. I assumed he had already told you about me,"

The vampire began to encircle me, and I did the same. My eyes squinted, trying to see the vampire's face. This could help me in identifying it.

"Trying to see me, Alyssa? I really wish I could reveal myself to you, but that is too risky don't you think?"

"I don't care about your flipping identity. Just tell me what you want from me, and how you know Zander," I spat at it, my voice merged with my wolf's. My wolf wanted to surface, but I restrained. She would just make matters worse.

"How can I put this into words," It looked away, closing its eyes and opening them again. "Zander and I are really close. Really close. I know him well enough then he knows himself,"

This vampire was really pulling my leg. It was hiding something. And I needed to find out what. And how does he know Zander? How close was Zander with this anonymous vampire?

I needed to negotiate. That's the only way I can find out.

"I don't believe you. Clearly your just mixing up some false stories to try and convince. Tell me what you're really here for," I demanded, keeping my breathing constant.

"I'm here for you, Alyssa," it says emphasising on the word you as well as my name.

The vampire's response caught me off guard, but I managed to hide it.

"What do I have that you desperately need?"

"You're the being I've been looking for for all these years. You are the only being in Nirvana that possesses that in you," it spoke, venom present in it's voice.

"Do clarify what you're really here for and stop beating around the bush," I say, but my voice gave away, becoming a bit shaky towards the end.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. How can I, mon cheri? Wouldn't I be revealing myself to you in that way."

We continued to encircle each other. Ready for whoever threw an attack first.

"No, but just your plans. No tell me what you want, you filthy bloodsucker," I spat at it, rage igniting in me like never before.

In a blink, the vampire was behind me, its arm wrapped around my neck, the other around my torso. With its super strength, I couldn't budge. I was trapped in its arms.

"You sure have a sharp tongue, Alyssa. Never thought I'd be blessed to have you," it whispered into my ear, making my breath hitch in my throat.

What was it saying? Blessed to have me.

"Now that I have you, I won't let you go. After this, you'll be mine and only mine" It spat on me, his fangs brushing against my exposed neck.

I could feel the pressure the fangs brought to my neck, as the vampire brought it deeper. It was going to mark me!

I tried to budge, but my efforts were in vain. A scream escaped my neck as it's fangs dug into my neck. The pain tore through my body like thorns. Tears streamed down my eyes. The pain was unbearable.

I could feel my blood trickling, oozing, run down my neck like a warm river. It licked the mark it had imprinted on me, kissing it slightly.

"Finally, Alyssa. You belong to Xavier. You belong to me," the vampire whispered into my ear, as my vision blurred out.

Darkness embraced me as I fell into deep slumber.

□●□●□●□

"She's out of danger. Luckily you had arrived there in time. Or she would have surely been killed," a voice murmured as I slowly began to regain consciousness.

"And Alpha Zander. Will he be alright?" The unknown voice continued.

"Yes, he will be alright. Recovery will be a bit slow due to the amount of silver that was injected into him. But overall, he's out of danger."

My eyes flew open and blinked rapidly to make my vision clear. I was lying on a hospital bed and next to mine was another.

I forcibly turned my head to the side, only to see Zander lying there. My heart shattered to pieces when I saw his state.

"Zander," I say, my voice cracking. My vision began to blur, as I tried to sit up from the hospital bed I was on.

As I tried to sit up, I was gently pulled back, by none other than Lucas.

"Let me go, Lucas. He needs me. I need to be there with him," more tears ran down my cheeks. Zander needed me. He needs me. He was there for me when I was injured. I needed to do the same.

"Take care of yourself first, Al. Then you'll be able to take care of Zander as well."

My head snapped towards him. How can I take care of myself when Zander is enduring such pain. How can I take care of myself knowing that silver was injected into Zander?

"You don't understand what I'm going through, Lucas. You'll never understand the pain I feel when I see Zander in this state. It breaks my heart. I feel the pain when he is hurt. But why am I telling you any of this. You wouldn't understand. You don't have a mate," I spat the last words at him, removing his hands from me and limping towards Zander.

When I reach Zander's bed, I sit on a chair that was next to him, and gently held his hand in mine.

"Please get well soon, Zander, I miss you already," I whispered to an unconscious Zander, kissing his hand.

"You're right, Al. I don't have a mate, and I'll never understand the bond mates share," Lucas' voice tore my eyes away from Zander and into his instead.

"But I understand the pain. I've felt it myself" he takes in a deep breath before continuing. "The pain you feel is nothing compared to the one I feel whenever I see you in someone else's arms."

"What are you saying?" Confusion laced in my voice.

"Nothing. You'll never understand," he says, leaving the room, with my mind in complete mush.

Leaving the question hanging. The conversation endless.

Just like the last time.

______________________________________

Sorry for the late update, guys. I was so busy. Studying for the upcoming exams in June. It's such a tiring job. Ugh!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And don't miss the next update on Friday.

P.S. Angels and Demons was ranked #471 in Werewolf yesterday! Gaaahh! Never thought my book would get ranked! Thanks to Wattpad and most importantly my wonderful readers who made this happen.