Chapter 41

I pull away slightly, breathless, lips swollen and heart racing. My eyes were still closing, but when I opened them, Zander's were staring back into mine.

I was unsure of what I had really done a few seconds ago. Was this my way of telling Zander that I cared. That I was there for him every step of the way? Or was this a sign for something else.

"Love, you..."

"Zander, I think it's time to leave. It isn't safe out here. C'mon," I tell Zander, a small smile plastered on my face.

Clearly I didn't want to discuss the kiss, or what forced me to kiss him. It was simply too embarrassing. I don't know what got into me. To kiss him and all...

"You're right. C'mon, let's head home,"  Zander said. Good thing he decided to drop the topic.

We both shift into our wolves, our clothes shredding into pieces. Zander's wolf was large. Ten times larger than my wolf. With glistening gray fur that coated it. His golden eyes matched mine.

Then we ran. Zander gave my wolf a headstart, although my wolf didn't really need that. She was a fast runner  after all. In moments, we found ourselves in front of the pack house.

Pack warrior surrounded the forest, each with dangerous weaponary cascaded in their arms. What's all this about?

"Alpha, you okay? We thought you were hurt?" A voice I knew too well said. Lucas appeared in front of us. He sighed in relief when he saw the both of us.

"What's all this, Lucas," Zander questioned as he intertwined his hand with mine.

"I got news that you had run into the woods with Alyssa. I thought a rogue must have crossed the territory, so I summoned the pack warriors to barricade the woods," he explained.

"No need, Lucas. Everything is as it should be. Gather the pack warriors back to the field for training. I feel that war is upon and we must prepare for it," Zander instructed Lucas, whom immediately gathered the pack warriors and led them to the field.

Hand in hand, we walked into the pack house. And speaking of the devil, we ran into Cass.

"Oh Zander, baby, where were you. I was so worried. How can you run off like that. You know it isn't safe to be in the woods," she cooed. Grabbing Zander's that was intertwined in mine. How rude.

"Look, Cass. I'm alright. Nothing happened to me. There's no need to make a mountain out of a molehill," Zander sighed out in frustration. I'm just as tired as you are, Zander. I thought to myself.

"No Zander baby. You know how I get worried about you. C'mon. Have a sit and I'll make you something delicious to eat. You must be exhausted from all this drama," she tugs at Zander's arm, trying to pull him away.

"Excuse me, Cass," I said with the most sweetest voice I could master. "There's no need for all this. Zander has a mate. Who's well, alive and capable of taking care of him. So if you may excuse me, I'm taking my mate to our room. He needs tons of rest. You understand, right?" I take Zander's arm from her leading him straight to our room.

Leaving a fuming Cass behind.

●□●□●□●

"You're awesome love. I don't know how you do it. Telling Cass off like that," Zander says, as he stood behind me, his hands rested around my hips. Leaving trails of kisses on my neck.

I let out a shaky breath, turning so I was facing him. Putting my arms around his neck, a grin gracing my lips.

"I had to it. Cass is really, really getting on my nerves. The sight of her annoys me. Plus, I don't like the way she's always trying to get close to you," I told him as I looked him the eyes.

"There's nothing to worry about, princess. You know I'm yours and only yours. I only belong to you." He leans in and gently pecks my lips. Pulling back and leaning his forehead in mine.

A deep blush hears my cheeks, turning them crimson red. Damn. I hate and love that Zander has such an effect on me.

"I love to see that I have such an effect on you, love," he whispered, his voice becoming dangerously low. His hands that were around my waist, began to slip into the blouse I was wearing.

"Zander, you're started again," I warned him, releasing myself from his arms.

He pouts, looking extremely adorable.

I pull him towards the bed, making him sit.

"No Zander baby. You know how I get worried about you. C'mon. Have a sit and I'll make you something delicious to eat. You must be exhausted from all this drama," I say, mimicking Cass' voice.

Zander's laughter fills the room. It's not the normal chuckle I hear all the time. It's a full blown laughter. Teeth out, eyes shut, with tears slightly glistening out of the eyes. Chest rumbling and a gracious smile on his face.

A smile graces my lips. I pray that I always keep him as happy as he is now. And I also pray that I can give him an answer as soon as possible.

I get out the room and hear sudden whispers coming from my parents' room. It's been a while since I've seen mom and dad. Yeah, we caught up and she's been by my side since the incident with Zander. We spoke a day ago and I think I needed to tell her about everything that happened today.

Perhaps she will give me some advice. On how I should approach Zander's sudden confession.

Just as I'm about to open the door, their whispers grow louder.

"How am I suppose to know that? This isn't my fault," mom whispered raising her voice slightly. I wonder what has made her so upset.

"It is. If you hadn't convinced Xavier to mark Alyssa in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess," dad whispered back.

"Well, then. Stop blaming me. 'Cause it is your fault in a way. If you hadn't been such a loud mouth, Alpha wouldn't have been hot on our trail. He wouldn't have known our damn secret. He wouldn't have known that Alyssa is their daughter and not ours,"
Mom blurted out.

My hands turned cold, releasing the door knob that felt scorching hot.

I'm... I'm not their daughter?

I'm the Alpha's daughter?

______________________________________

Dun dun dun...

Another cliffhanger!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And I'm really sorry for the late update. I was so caught up in proofreading some of my chapters. And watching the matches for FIFA World Cup.

I support Spain and Argentina. I really hope to see one of these two teams in the finals.

Who are you supporting?