Chapter 7

Seven days went by like a blur and I still hadn't revealed the truth to my parents. The guilt was eating at me whenever they were around. I couldn't utter a single word as it would only cause old wounds to reopen.

"Good morning," I yawned as I came downstairs in my slightly blue, wrinkly bunny onesie. I walked towards the the living room to stop dead in my tracks.

Why Moon Goddess! Why!

The Alpha and Luna of the Moon Blood Pack, our pack, were in the middle of a serious conversation, when I barged in, uninvited.

The Alpha was sitted on the chair close to the window. His gray hair was slightly ruffled and he had noticeable dark circles under his eyes. Wrinkles began to show on his forehead and his back was hunched, signifying that he hasn't had enough sleep.

The Luna was sitting beside me. She never failed to surprise me. She had her blonde, slightly whitish hair tied up in a tight bun making her face more visible. Her slightly fair skin was caked up with a bit of makeup, but not too much to make her look like a circus clown. No offence intended.

"Alpha, Luna," I greeted and bowed down to them in respect.

They nod their heads at me and turn back to their conversation. But what surprised me was the way the Luna kept staring at me. Like she could see right through me. Through my soul. Even when I decided to head to the kitchen, I could feel her gaze burning holes through my back. Creepy.

Mental note to self: Never barge in on an important meeting in a blue, wrinkly bunny onesie.

I run back into my room and decide to take a cold shower due to the heat waves we've been experiencing for the past few days.

I put on some sweat pants, yellows and a plain white top, letting my hair down, to conceal it, before walking towards the orphanage.

I spot mom, dad, Arielle and Lucas chatting happily like family should and head up to them.

"Good morning," I say and hug my parents and give Lucas a kiss on the cheek.

"Looks like someone's in a good mood," Mom teased and I mentally roll my eyes at her.

"I am, Mom," I agree with her. "It was so peaceful that slept like a baby last night,"

"You didn't drool, did you," Lucas smirks at me and I return it.

"Nope," I say popping the p at the end. "But I know who did on out way here," I snickered and took out my phone, showing Lucas the photos I took of him.

"When did you--"

"In the car. Do you like them," I answered his question and laughed at the expression plastered on his face.

"Give it," Lucas says as he began to chase after me.

"No!" I yelled at him and ran a little faster, my hair blowing into the wind.

I wish I was looking where I was going ' cause the next moment I bumped into something real hard, making me fall hard on my bottom. Ouch!

"Al, are you alright," Lucas asks, picking me and inspecting for and bruises.

"Yeah, just a bit dirty," I say any dust the dirt off my clothes.

"What a pleasant surprise. It's good to see you again pal," Someone said and I looked up to lock eyes with our beta, Syllas and next to him was our third in command, Caleb. He looked distant. Must be mind link.

"Hey, Syllas," I groaned. I never really liked him at all. Whenever he was around, he gave off negative vibes that caused shivers to crawl through my body.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" He smirked and Lucas glares at him, his canines starting to sharpen.

"Syllas, Lucas. Lucas, Syllas," I pointed between them. Syllas extended his arm and gave Lucas a firm, bone crushing handshake. Lucas didn't flinch as vampires had super strength.

"Nice to meet y--" Syllas was cut off by Caleb with a raise of his hand.

"The Alpha calls." He says in a deep, commanding voice, before his gaze settled on Lucas, a low growl escaping his mouth. Then his gaze settled on me making me uneasy. He was looking at me just like the Luna.

"Yes, Mr Bossy Pants. Talking like you're the Beta," Syllas mumbled.

"This is getting awkward," I muttered.

I grab Lucas' hand and speed walk, rescuing the both of us from this awkward situation.

But what Caleb said stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Princess."