Chapter 11

This chapter is specially dedicated to Itkaitlynn for all the wonderful votes and support she has shown this book til the beginning!

Thanks for supporting my book and leaving behind votes in every chapter! It's really appreciated!☺☺
_____________________________

"You what?" Lucas yelled out in disbelief after I just told him that I might or might not have found my mate.

"Lucas! Quiet! Someone might here us," I urge him to whisper. The last thing I need right now is for someone to find out that I was blessed with the forbidden colour.

Lucas and I are both in our pyjamas in my room having a delicious hot chocolate after the Nirvanian weather decided to become a bit chilly. It's a bit late but I can't hide a secret from Lucas. So I told him straight away.

"Sorry, Al. It's just... um, like wow. I don't know how to say this." Lucas sounded a bit speechless, but there was something he was hiding from me. I could see it in his eyes. Like it was sadness, longing...

"Yeah. And he isn't any ordinary man, Luke. He's an Alpha. Alpha Zander from the Red Blood Pack."

Lucas' eyes widened at my statement. I know what that meant. He didn't like the thought of Zander being my mate. He was a killer. And he was known for hiring trackers in order for those with the forbidden colour to be exterminated. And I am or maybe am not his mate.

"You need to stay away from him, Al. Whatever you do, make sure you are faraway from that man." Lucas says in a dead serious tone. That meant he really wasn't joking.

"I'll try to, Lucas. But I won't make any false promises. The stronger the mate bond becomes, the more difficult it will be for me to get attracted to him."

Lucas' hand reaches for my face and gently strikes my cheek,"I know this will be hard for you, Al. But trust me. This is for your own good. So whatever you do you need to resist the mate bond."

You will never resist. You are attracted to him. A weak voice said inside of me. How is this possible? It has never happened before.

Should I tell Lucas about this? It's been a while since all this has happened. No. I shouldn't tell him. He's already done so much for him. I can't burden him with any more of .y problems. That will be selfish of me.

A warm hand covers mine and I look to see that Lucas as intertwined hands with me.

"Al, I've been calling you for quite a while know. What's going on in your head?" Lucas asked sincerely and rubbed my hands.

A lot, Lucas. I wanted to say but refrained myself from doing so and instead said," Not much.  Just thinking of ways I can avoid Zander." I lied. I can't tell him of the faint voice inside of me.

"Alright. It's getting late, Al. You should get some sleep. You didn't get much rest these past few days," he kisses my hands and pulls me up, tucking me into the blanket and kissing my forehead.

"Goodnight, Al."

"Goodnight, Lucas."

He turns to leave and opens the door of my room. I look at his back as he turns around once more.

"Al," Lucas whispered, not to wake up the entire pack house.

"Mmm..." I mumbled. I could feel myself falling into deepbslumber.

"I... I... l--" he sighs out," Nevermind, Al. Maybe I'll get to tell you one day," he says for the last time as he leaves my room and closes the door behind him.

I drift of to sleep, wondering what he wanted to tell me.

                           ●□●□●□●

The next day was like no other. Boring and very problematic. Ever since I've stepped foot into Nirvana Island all that was ever shot at me were problems. So many I can't keep track of and so many problem I can't seem to find problems to. Why has the Moon Goddess made my life so difficult?

I go into the bathroom and do my business. I walk out and throw on any random clothes I find in my wardrobe, not like I care about my looks and everything.

A harsh knock on th other side of my door has me jumping on my feet and landing on my butt. The person on the other seriously doesn't know how to knock.

Just as I'm about to get up to get the door, it swings open and Lucas walks in, shirtless with only a pair of fadded demom hair. His hair is let down and he looks like he has just ran a marathon.

"What did you do now?" I get up and clear the dust off my clothes. I grab an extra face cloth and throw it at him. He catches it and wipes his face, trying to catch his breath.

"Well... it's a funny story," he tried to chuckle but it came out as a groan.

"What did you do, Lucas?" I ask once more.

"So... I met this hot chick while I was doing my jogging today. I thought I could ask her out and maybe get her numbers so we can hang out often and maybe start something, but she's got--"

"A mate." I finish for him, the humour clear in my voice. I burst into laughter making me roll onto the floor and clutching my stomache.

This is the worst thing anyone could do to themselves.

"This isn't funny," Lucas whined, but the humour was clear in his voice.

"Yeah, it isn't. Please carry on." I get off the floor and lean against the wall. Still slightly chuckling.

"Yeah. So when he saw me flirting with his mate. He chased me, Al. I'm afraid he might hurt me. May I please hide for a couple of minutes. Pretty please." He gives me those puppy eyes and the pouty lips. Damn his cute weapon. I can't say no to him.

"Fine, you can stay as long as you want." I give in and he jumps onto my bed, hiding his face in my pillows.

"That's why I love you, Alyssa Sky," he mumbled into my pillow.

"Yeah, yeah," I look into the mirror and run a hand through my tangled mess of a hair. Much better.

You cannot stay with an unmated man...

I freeze. That voice. The one from yesterday.

I push that matter aside and sit on the bed next to Lucas.

"Lucas," I call him.

"Lucas," I say a bit louder and he still doesn't budge. Man, he really loved his sleep.

He must be tired from jogging all morning. I should let him sleep.

I place him in a comfortable sleep position and put a light blanket on him. I watch my best friend's sleeping face.

I must admit that Lucas is really handsome when he sleeps. His eyes looked adorably cute and eyelashes fuller when closed. His skin looked abnormally soft and his lips looked fuller.

Hair fell on his face and I decided to remove it.

Don't. The same voice said. I shrug it off and remove the hair from his face.

Just as I'm about to leave, Lucas murmurs, "Don't leave me, Al..."

I look at a sleeping Lucas and what he has just revealed. Why is he asking that I don't leave him.

I'm sure there's more to what he just said.