Chapter 20

My eyes slowly open as I hear my name being called countless times. I look around, taking in the unfamiliar surrounding around me. Where am I? How did I end up here in the first place?

"She's out of danger now. I recommend that she just takes a bit of rest. She's a bit tired after all this and will need tons of it. Nonetheless, she's alright," an unfamiliar voice says to Zander.

I look ahead to see that I'm in some sort of clinic or something. Lucas is speaking to a man whose back is faced to me.

As if sensing my presence, Lucas looks my way and my eyes meet with his icy blue ones.

"Alyssa," he calls out to me, as his features relax a bit. He walks towards me and sits on a chair that is beside my bed. The unknown man turns to me and I recognise him as the same guy I saw in the library. His hair was ruffled this time, but it was nearly slicked back in one piece. He still had his big rimmed glasses on, that slightly hid his gray eyes and complemented his fair skin. He must be the healer.

"I hope you're feeling alright, Ms Sky," he asks genuinely and I nod slightly.

"Good. I recommend that you take tons of rest for the next few days. Your body as well as your muscles are not quite used to shifting. It will be better that you practise everyday. That will lessen the pain you feel every time you shift," he instructs and I hang on every word.

"Sure. I'll do just that," my voice comes out low and dry. My mouth feels like the Sahara Desert right now.

"Okay then Lucas. I'll leave the two of you alone now," he says and walks out, closing the door behind him.

"Here, have some water," Lucas passes me a glass of water that lay on the table across me. I thank him silently and drink it in one go, some dripping down my neck.

"What happened back there?" Lucas takes a few strands of my hair in his fingers and begins to twirl it.

"I don't know, Luke. It all happened so fast, that everything was so blur. Firstly, that vampire tried to kill me," I started.

"Which vampire are you talking about?"

"How am I supposed to know Lucas. He kept telling me that they had finally found me and that their master wants me. But it wanted to kill me," I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

"This might be some sort of clue. Did he mention any name of some sort?" Lucas held my shoulders.

"No, he didn't. 'Cause the next second he was dead. I had killed him with my bare hands," I whisper the last part and stare down at my palms.

"How?" Lucas asks in astonishment and I look at him.

"Just with a single touch, he was dead," I whisper.

                        ●□●□●□●□●

As soon as I was discharged from the clinic, had proper clothes on and the healer thought I was healthy enough to return to the pack house, I was discharged from the clinic.

Lucas helped me walk as I was limping a little. We entered a car that Lucas borrowed and drive back to the pack house.

The silence between Lucas and I gave me the opportunity to think over everything that happened yesterday. With a single touch, I had managed to kill of the vampire. I still remember the energy that had flown out of its body through mine when I held him.

Does that mean that I can't touch anyone from now on?

"A penny for your thoughts?" Lucas' question pushes me back into reality.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired. That's all," I lie and look out the window. We both remain silent until we reach the pack house.

Lucas comes out first and rushes to my side. He opens the door for me gives me his hand, which I gracefully takes as he helps me up.

All eyes are on me as I approach the pack house. I wonder why everyone is staring at me.

We both make it to the pack house only to get more and more stares from everyone. Everybody's eyes were on me again. Almost like they were calculating each and every move I made.

"What's their problem. What are they all staring at," Lucas whispers into my ears and I simply shrug.

"I don't know. But something weird is going on here," I whisper back to him.

We continue walking to my room, not paying attention to any of the stares  that were thrown at us.

"Have you heard? She's evil girl. The death and soul elemental everyone's being talking about," I group of girl gossiped and threw side glances at me.

"Yeah, she's the one. The Alpha is going to deal with her accordingly. Serves her right. She's been acting like a bitch all this time," another girl whispers.

Lucas leaves my side suddenly and approaches the girls.

"Don't have anything more important to do then stick your asses into someone else's business?" The girls look down without saying anything.

"That's what I thought. Mind your own business and don't talk crap Alyssa again. And if I hear I single thing against her, I will deal with you myself," he says angirly and his fangs sharpen, his eyes turning blood red. Almost like he's ready to kill at anyone's given command.

The girls gasp and cower away in fear. Lucas turns to me, his features have softened and his teeth have returned to the way they are.

"You didn't have to scare them like that," I scolded him.

"They spoke crap about you, Al. I can't stand to watch anyone talking about you like that," he says angrily and walks away.

Leaving me baffled and confused.