Chapter 24

Ruth and I chatted away as the car drove into the city

Ruth and I chatted away as the car drove into the city. Familiar skyscrapers and streetlights lit the streets as the car passed by. I took a moment to take in the  beautiful scenery around me. Tall mansions stood high as people wondered around freely, minding their own business.

A smile crossed my face. Once upon a time I was living this sort of life. Carefree with no problems. But that doesn't seem the case after I met Zander.

A frown appears on my face, as the familiar face and icy blue eyes cloud my thoughts. He's been cold and vile towards me and never really cared for me as his mate; his Luna. Yet I can't get him out of my head.

Wherever I turn, whatever I look at or think of, he is always there. It's like my mind is dead set on thinking about him and only him.

Because he's all ours. He's our mate in which we have fallen in love with. My wolf whispers in my mind and I block her out. That's insane. I know he's my mate and all, but that doesn't mean I love him. Destiny has brought us together. Two separate worlds collided when I found out he was my mate. It doesn't mean I should fall for him once I see him. He will need to earn my trust as well as my love. Maybe then we can figure out something.

I scoff loudly, making Ruth turn to me with her eyebrows raised, giving me the what-do-you-want-to-say look.

I shake my head at her, sitting back and taking a deep breath.

Ruth was right. All I needed was a bit if fun time and relaxaton. I am not going to worry about anyone today. This is my day.

And nothing is going to ruin it.

□●□●□●□

"This is the last round, Alyssa. I promise. Please," she begged as I huffed out again.

"I'm sorry, Ruth but no. My feet are aching now and I feel like we've been walking for the past five hours," I emphasise the last part with a swing of all the bags of clothes and accessories I had in my hands.

From the time Ruth and I arrived at the mall, she kept hopping from one shop to another, getting herself almost anything she laid her eyes on.

Apparently, she had managed to steal Zander's card when he wasn't looking. Now she had unlimited access to everything she's ever wanted. Even though it costs a fortune.

I just hope that Zander's head doesn't blow to pieces when he sees how much she has spent.

"Come on, Alyssa. Don't be a party pooper. It's the last round, I promise," she held onto my hand with desperation and begged me to go with her.

"You said that the last time. Apparently, fifty times, Ruth. I even counted," I say, as a couple that had a five year old child in their hands stood beside and and began to search for someone.

"Oh, Alyssa. Please. My favourite sister in-law in the whole wide universe. Please," she nagged and I rolled my eyes at her. I always used that move on my parents and believe me. It never worked on either of them.

"No, Ruth. It's getting late and I think we should leave. I feel very uneasy over here." A chill ran up my spine, making me shiver.

"Please, Alyssa. Last round I promise. Pretty please with Zander's naked body on top," she said out loudly. Some couple turned to us, a look of disapproval on their faces, as they covered their child's ears with their hands and walked away.

Geez! It's not like Ruth swore or anything. She just said naked. And I don't think the word naked is a swear word.

I look to the ground and mumble a curse, as heat made it's way up my neck all the st to my cheek. Why does Ruth have to put me in such situations.

I permit Ruth to go along telling her that I will be waiting for her outside. I signal the bodyguard to go with her as I looked for an empty table were I could sit and wait for them. I just hope Ruth doesn't take an hour just to look for an outfit.

I see an empty table and take a seat.

A loud crash behind me followed by the loud shrill cry for help is heard behind me.

I snap my head at the direction. My face pales as a pack of werewolf rogues walk into the mall. Intense stares and sharp teeth, ready to shred anyone to pieces.

I slowly stand up and step back, trying not to turn all the attention on me. Just as I move back, a loud, murderous growl is heard from behind me.

My skin crawls with goosebumps as I turn to the source. A werewolf rogue, much bigger and stronger than the rest stood in front of me.

His sharp canines were out, his claws fully retracted as he encircled me.

Ready to attack.

_____________________________________

Cliffhanger!!

Thanks for the support and for taking your time to read this chapter. I hope you all personally enjoyed reading this chapter, as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please point out any errors and leave behind some feedback. This reassures me and lets me know that my readers appreciate the hard work I am putting in.

Plus, we are almost at 600 reads. Thanks for the reads. It's really appreciated.

Let's make it all the way to 1k reads!

Until next time,

Your caring demon
Emma😈