Chapter 48

"Lucas!"

I stared ahead. Looking at the motionless figure of my best friend. He wasn't moving. Why isn't he moving?

Trying once more, I forced myself to get up, although my wounds screamed in protest for me to stop moving.

I limped towards him, before coming to an adrupt stop. I fell to the ground, near Lucas' body.

Reaching for his hand, I held it in mine, caressing it slightly. "Lucas, wake up," I whispered to him, planting a gentle kiss on his hand.

"Lucas, you can't do this to me. Please wake up," I whispered to him, taking deep breaths to stop myself from crying.

"Dammit! Wake up, Lucas," I yelled at him, tears balling out.

Furiously, I tugged on his bloody shirt, balling the material in my fists. Shaking him vigorously. Insisting that he wakes up. He couldn't leave me like this. He couldn't.

"Why won't you wake up," I punched at his chest, putting in all the force I could muster.

"Wake up," I yelled, laying my head on his chest, holding his body as I cried to myself. How could he leave me like this? Why did he leave me?

"Lucas, please wake up," I pleaded to him, wettening his shirt as I cried more.

Suddenly, I was pulled away from Lucas' body, and gripped firmly by the arms. I tried to pull away, only to be forcibly tugged towards the grave.

"Now you know what I'm capable of, Alyssa. Enough of this drama. Awaken Lord Greimor this instant," Xavier yelled, grabbing my hands and implanting them unto the gravestone once more.

There was nothing left in me. It's like I was a lost soul. Completely destroyed. Unable to be mended. There was nothing I could do to fight this. This was destiny.

For me to awaken Lord Greimor. And the destruction of mankind and the entire world.

Wiping away my tears, I focused all the energy I could muster unto the gravestone. The energy coursed out of my body, an into the gravestone.

The ground began to vibrate, almost similar to an earthquake.

"It's working. It's finally working," Xavier's voice roared into the sky, followed by a menacing laugh.

The ground began to crack, revealing small cracks through it. Slowly, the dirt around us rose, as an unfamiliar hand rose through the ground.

"Lord Greimor," Xavier said, grinning from ear to ear. Canines sharpened. Eyes red.

Soon enough, an entire arm rise from the dirt, grasping the dirt in his hand.

Lord Greimor was rising in front of me, and there was nothing I could do about it. There was nothing I could do to save my mate, my family and the entire world from fading from existence.

"Alyssa, stop," A voice yelled from behind, making me snap my head towards it.

Behind me stood Ruth, with all the pack warriors, from the Moon Blood Pack and the Red Blood Pack.

Hope ignited in me.

"Warriors, attack," Ruth yelled, shifting into her wolf. In an instant. The pack warriors shifted charging towards the rogues.

The woods turned into a battlefield. Claws clashed with claws. Blood flooded the Earth. Dead bodies plagued the land.

Taking my hands off the gravestone, I shifted into my own wolf. She howled in pain from the wounds that covered her body.

Without wasting anytime, she ran towards the cave, fighting off any opponents that came her way.

Running into the cave, she headed towards Zander and tore of the rope, with her sharp canines. She did the same for mom and dad, helping them up.

With thankful smile on their faces, they gentled pet her fur, before the three quickly shifted into their own wolves. Joining the battle.

While mom amd dad ran their seperate ways, Zander's and my wolf stuck together.

A rogue came towards us, leaping into the air, landing on Zander and I. We pushed it off with our hind legs. And with ease, Zander dug his canines into its neck, shredding it to pieces.

Stay here, love. I'll go search for Xavier. Zander mind linked me, before sprinting into the distance.

A body fell onto my wolf, making us groan in pain from the pressure it applied on our wounds.

Opening our eyes, they landed on Xavier, whose eyes were red, canines sharp and dripping with blood.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Alyssa," he snarled, aiming to strike his canines into my neck.

We quickly pushed him away, with my hind legs, getting myself a bit more time to recover and get up.

But Xavier was quicker and pinned us to the ground once more, holding our paws in a death grip.

We looked around, searching for help. But everyone was occupied, fighting off the next rogue that charged at them.

Thibking of a way to escape, I dug my canines into his arm, blood oozing out of it. He cried out in pain, holding his bloodied arm in his hand.

I got up, I began to sprint, searching desperately for Zander.

A flash appeared in front off me. It was Xavier again. He looked at me, eyes red, and murderous. Ready to kill.

He stepped forward, as we stepped back from him. In a flash he held me and dug his canines into my neck.

My wolf howled in pain, and I felt myself shifting back to human form.

"If I can't have you raise Lord Greimor from the dead, then I might as well kill you," he growled, licking his bloodied canines.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading!❤❤❤