Chapter 12

"Bored!" I whined as I lay on my bed, looking at the plain, boring white ceiling that lay above me.

Two hours have passed by and Lucas ws still knocked out on my bed. I read books and magazines, did and undid my hair, stretched a bit to loosen my muscles, sang my lungs in and out as well as made loud noises with pots (which I secretly took and returned to the kitchen) and still Lucas hadn't woken up.

Whatever he is dreaming about must be really interesting and sleep worthy 'cause he hasn't woken up yet.

I decide to get off my arse and go for a walk. It's been a while since I've seen the children. I should stop by the orphanage today.

I write a short note to Lucas telling him that I will be at the orphanage at the moment. I leave it on the table and exit my room.

The hall is dead silent, which is weird. It's never been this quiet before. I walk and try to find my way into the kitchen. This pack house is quite confusing although I've lived here before.

I run into the kitchen to find a red haired girl having a glass of water. Speaking of which, I'm slightly parched so I grab myself a glass as well.

"Hey, I'm Alyssa," I introduce myself not to sound rude.

The girl turns to me amd smiles, her freckles becoming more and more visible. Her green eyes shone with excitement as she took in my appearance.

"It's an honour to meet you, Princess Alyssa." She tried to bow down but I immediately got hold of her. What is she doing?

"I'm sorry, but this is a misunderstanding. I am not a princess," I clarified. I have no idea why she thinks I'm a princess. I'm not even princess material nor am I the daughter of the Alpha or the Luna.

"Really?" She sounded a bit surprised,"You definitely look like a princess to me. I can see it," she proclaimed.

I looked at her confused,"See what?" I ask her. I definitely don't get it.

"I can see royal and Luna blood flowing through you. I've never been mistaken for this. Alas, maybe it was all a mistake," she face palms herself and turns to me.

"Huh?" I was shocked. Luna blood. Could she have probably found out about my secret. No, I've only met her now. She probably doesn't know.

"Sorry. I tend to babble a lot when I meet new people. I'm Ruth. Nice to meet you, Alyssa." She pulled me for a bear hug. We pull away and I'm a bit dazed.

"Never made friends this fast, huh?" She asked and I nod. How does she know?

"It's written all over your face, Alyssa." What?! Did she just hear what my thoughts. How is that even possible?

"It is possible when you say it out loud," she says and chuckles lightly, showing a full set of straight, white teeth. Wow! She's all that.

"I get that a lot. I think you and me will make great friends," she puts an arm around my shoulder.

"C'mon let's have a little walk shall we." She grabs my and leads me out of the house.

"Where are we going?" I ask her. Ruby was a bit taller than me so I had to tilt my head to look up at her.

"Just trust me. You will love it."

After what seemed like fifteen minutes of walking we make it out to the field where the pack warrior were all rounded up in a hurdle. Each of them listened attentively to what they were being told by their instructor.

The pack warriors were all shirtless with only knee-height shorts on. All their muscles and and in display, but I couldn't watch. It would be like cheating my mate.

Seconds later, the warriors spread and begin to run rounds in human form. Running rounds in wolf form would be cheating. As wolves are fast runners.

I was stuck in my own world all this time that I didn't see Ruth pulling me towards the instructor.

His shirtless back was turned to us and he had only black pants on. To say I wasn't checking him out is an understatement. His muscles flexed as he made a slight movement and I swear my heart skyrocketed to Mars. His brown hair was a ravishing mess, but nonetheless he looked awfully handsome.

It is a crime to be this handsome.

He looked so darn good I swear I could devour him whole. Wait? When did you start having such perverted thoughts, Alyssa?

He must have heard our footsteps 'cause the next thing I know is that he is looking at Ruth and I and my mouth has become as dry as the Sahara Desert.

I am met with the same icy, blue eyes and striking face from yesterday.

Alpha... I mean Zander is standing right in front of me. I freeze and try to process what is happening.

"Alyssa," Ruth calls out to me and runs to Zander's side, wrapping her arm around his waist.

A low growl escapes my lips, leaving dazed for a minute. How is this happening? This has never happened before? I don't get it.

Is it the fact that my mate is being held by another she wolf in front of me, or is it something else?

"I would like you to meet, Zander. My brother." She says and smiles towards me. He wraps his arm around her and kisses her forehead.

I am met with the same cold, piercing blue eyes from the party.

Lucas' warning replays into my head.

I... I can't be here. I need to get out of here before he finds out.

__________________________

Thank you!

Emma