thirty four

Grayson; so that's why I wanted too spend loads of time with you this we-
He coughed, struggling too get his words out.
Maddie; you okay?
I nodded before coughing again. His face turned red and he started coughing vigorously.
Maddie; Grayson?!
I shouted, no response. He fell, looking as if he was chocking.
I grabbed my phone and called an ambulance. What was happening?!!?
Maddie; Grayson?! Gray!! Can you hear me?!
No response, he wasn't coughing any longer.
Tears came out of my eyes but I rubbed them away. I put him in recovery position and called Ethan, telling him. He sounded really worried, he said he'd be around in 30 but we should be at the hospital by then. Soon enough the ambulance came.
Nurse; I'm afraid you'll have too drive, we can't let you in unless your family
Maddie; uhm I'm his girlfriend!?
Nurse; oh, take a seat dear.
She must of seen how sad I was and believed me, I guess it was half true.

Now I'm waiting in the visiting room, Ethan by my side. Ashley had gone too get some hot chocolates. Is never seen Ethan cry before, he looked heartbroken. I had finally stopped myself crying, but I could tell my eyes were bright red. We'd been waiting here over three hours now.
A nurse came out. I was terrified to know what had happened.
Nurse; turns out he still had cancer, the wrong tests were taken yesterday, he was given a drug that he was allergic too, but no one had gotten any records of his allergies. I've got bad news, hes on live support right now but his way too ill to keep going, you can see him before we switch it off.
Maddie; you can't be serious.
Floods of tears came out.
Ethan didn't say a word. Just stared at the ground.
Ethan; you can go in first, I need some time.
Maddie; thank you...
I walked in the room meeting with a pale Grayson.
Maddie; Grayson..
He didn't respond.
Nurse; he gave this to me before he passed out, it had your name on it, I'm guessing it's for you.
She passed me a latter, I opened it and couldn't believe what it was. A whole letter explaining everything. My tears hit the paper.
'I love you'
Was the last words on the paper.
Maddie; I love you too Grayson.
I said holding his hand, walking away my tears..
THE END.