10 | Joshua Ayaki: Origins

———
Ten | Joshua Ayaki: Origins
(Part 2 of Post Shattered Stars One Shots // Shattered Stars Origins: Summer's End)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Shiemi Ayaki, Silkee Ayaki, Kiyotaka Hasano

Supporting Characters: Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Guren Yuuki

Ships: 🤷🏻‍♀️

Summary: Some people are destined to kill their mother, and Shattered Stars's Joshua Ayaki is one of them. Or, so he thought.

ok
joshua
i
i can do this
let us go
and do this
(silkee named by kirsten lmaoo)
———

"Joshua Ayaki, you have to kill her."

Joshua shook his head, he didn't want this. Those words coming from his older sister's mouth, he couldn't even believe it was the Silkee Ayaki saying this to him.

"I can't. We've had a normal childhood, Silkee. We can't just kill our mother." Joshua argued, crossing his arms.

Silkee raised an eyebrow and sighed. "I'm sorry, Joshua. I'm so sorry."

Silkee handed Joshua a knife. Joshua hesitated, he couldn't kill his own mother even if he was forced to.

"How'd we even get in this situation?" Joshua asked. Silkee noticed how Joshua was hesitant to take the knife from her hand.

"I need the magic, Joshua! You useless brother, you must help me get magic! You will kill mother!"

"Why can't you do it, then?"

"Just do it. Kill her now, or I'll kill you, then her."

Joshua took the knife from his sister's hand and stared at the door to his mother's room.

How in the world did he even come to this?

———

Ever since Joshua and Silkee Ayaki were kids, they've always wanted magic.

Silkee always wanted to fight alongside the Magic Government army, while Joshua wanted to fight alongside a famous magic family.

Preferably the Yuuki's, Yasaki's, or Sakurada's.

Besides that, they've had a so far quite normal childhood.

Silkee and Joshua went to school, had a mother's love, and did normal things.

But, the two wanted more than normality, they wanted to have something exciting.

So, Silkee grabbed Joshua and the two went to Hasano Enterprises, a multimillionaire company owned and operated by Kiyotaka Hasano.

Little did they know, it was their so called father that left them.

As they talked to Kiyotaka Hasano, he had an idea.

He left the Ayaki's long ago because of their mother's selfishness, and Kiyotaka finally knew how to get revenge.

Make Shiemi Ayaki's own kids kill her.

———

If Joshua only did not want magic, things wouldn't have turned out this way.

Silkee wouldn't have been forced to poison their mom, Joshua wouldn't have been forced to kill their mother, and things wouldn't be this way.

If they hadn't visited Kiyotaka Hasano and he hadn't threatened to destroy everything they loved, maybe these things wouldn't have happened.