16 | Dorks

———
Sixteen | Dorks
(Shattered Stars Valentine's Day Special)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Shinigami Toudou (small mentions), Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Guren Yuuki (small mentions)

Ships (Non-Platonic): SatoShua

Summary: "I think I'm in love." aka, Joshua and Satori are stuck in a warehouse for the night. (Post Shattered Stars)

pls keep in mind this isnt canon (though, it would be great if this was)

just enjoy and happy valentine's day :)
(sorry if this sucks i tried my best)
———

Joshua walked silently behind Satori as they walked. He glanced at the younger one's shoulders, which were slightly slumped.

The two were heading to a warehouse that the Magic Government owned to store many magic items, and Shinigami requested for a specific magic potions to be on his desk the next morning.

Satori finished his work late, which was why they were both walking to the warehouse at night. The day was pretty stressful, even for Joshua, who hardly did much a day.

"Joshua, do you think it's cold?" Satori asked, not turning around to make eye contact with Joshua.

Joshua tried to keep himself from rolling his eyes at the question. Of course it was cold, they were outside at night walking to a warehouse that belonged to the almighty Magic Government.

"Yeah, it's pretty cold. You doin' okay?"

Joshua watched Satori for a response. For some reason, it took Satori awhile to process questions given by Joshua that certain day. Satori also was pretty much out of it, and gave simple answers for complex questions.

"Mhm." Satori responded, looking at a checklist he was holding.

Satori suddenly stopped in front of the warehouse and opened the door. He walked partially inside.

"Stay here," Satori commanded as Jodhua was holding the door open.

"Why?" Joshua questioned, he did not want to stay near the cold outside world waiting for Satori, who would be in a warmer environment than the outside world.

Satori still didn't make eye contact with Joshua when he answered. "The door locks once you close it."

Joshua frowned.

"That's it?"

"You can't open it from the inside."

Oh.

Joshua nodded as Satori walked further into the warehouse. He looked at the moon, which was a full moon.

How great. Joshua was really bored and started kicking the two rocks that were right next to him until they were too far away for him to kick it.

There was a sudden loud noise of boxes falling. Joshua, alarmed, turned on the light in the warehouse and rushed to the source of the sound, completely forgetting about the door not being able to open from the inside.

He found Satori stacking boxes onto the large shelves. Oh. Nothing unusual.

Except for the fact that Satori couldn't reach the shelf. That was a pretty cute sight to see. Satori was much smaller than Joshua, which meant he couldn't reach things that Joshua could. He stared at Satori for the longest time, wondering if he would notice his presence.