11 | The Worst Kinds of Goodbyes

———
Eleven | The Worst Kinds of Goodbyes
(A Shattered Stars Christmas One Shot)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Erissa Toudou, Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Blythe Yuuki, Guren Yuuki

Supporter Characters: Sin Tae-Wong, Ryusei Tsushima

Ships (Platonic): EriBly, SatoRenShua

Ships (NonPlatonic): RyuSin (Small mentions)

Summary: The worst kind of goodbyes always hurt the most. (Not canon, set in an alternative reality. Not all deaths take place in the same reality ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥) trippy)

wOw merry christmas!! this is my christmas gift to you guys ;3 yes, angst it is!!
i hope this makes you sad bc here we go lets get some angst rolling weeeeeeeee
———

Blythe smiled at her best friend, who laid next to her.

Who would've known that she would die right beside Erissa, her one and only assassination partner and best friend since, forever?

It's been awhile since the duo went on an assassination job. Soon after Guren came back and Natsumi was confirmed a good guy and Shattered Stars was officially made a group, Erissa and Blythe agreed to take an assassination job that Guren ignored recently.

It didn't end well. They were up against someone that they couldn't beat, and the duo knew that well.

Right as Blythe was going to shoot the target, he shot her. Erissa attempted sniping the guy but she also got shot immediately after.

"Erissa!" Blythe screamed as her gunshot wound wasn't fatal enough to knock her unconscious.

Though, she knew she was slipping into unconsciousness very soon.

Erissa was the same, they both didn't have enough strength to even move to each other, so they stayed put and stared at the sky above them.

"Blythe?.."

Blythe gave Erissa a hum in response, she was too tired to even focus on trying to respond.

"Are we.. are we going to— to die?"

Blythe chuckled slightly. Her whole body hurt just doing that, but she brushed off the pain and closed her eyes.

"No, Erissa. You.. you will live. Guren will.. save you."

Erissa now gave Blythe a chuckle.

"And you?.. I can't exactly.. survive without.. Blythe Yuuki."

Blythe smiled and opened her eyes to look back at the bright sky.

Clouds were beginning to block Blythe's view of the sky, signaling that it was about to rain.

"Erissa, if we don't make it.. I love you."

Erissa's laugh came as a slow, painful wheeze.

"I love you, too. I always have."