13 | Paperwork and Reports

———
Thirteen | Paperwork and Reports
(Part Three of Post Shattered Stars One Shots)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Guren Yuuki

Ships (Platonic): SatoRenShua

Summary: Guren has a simple question for Satori, and Joshua is interested in his answer.

okay so yay a chapter its been like a month woo
not really i think like one week

but i guess this is kind of a "farewell for now" chapter??
i dont wanna get too into writing shattered stars one shots since the book itself ended and i kinda wanna move on from the story a bit

so i guess,, yeah
this is the last chapter in awhile,, i most definitely will make a chapter for valentines day tho ha h a
———

Guren was bored. Of course, Guren had many things to do. As commander of the Magic Government army, Guren had a lot of paperwork to fill out, along with filling in reports for Satori and Shinigami to check.

But Guren was too lazy to do any of those things. He watched as the former god of death was typing away on his computer. He rolled his eyes, Shinigami was always there doing whatever Shinigami did.

He then turned to Satori, who was on the other side of him. Satori was talking to Joshua, which kind of made Guren mad.

He listened closely, hoping to eavesdrop without letting Satori and Joshua notice.

"... feels weird, doesn't it? Like, how does it work?" Guren heard Joshua ask.

"I honestly don't know. I guess we're just born with magic energy and that gives us the ability to have magic. Oh, and it feels weird at first, but I got used to it," Satori replied.

Guren noted that they were talking about magic. Not really information he thought they were talking about, but good information to say the least.

He always wanted to know what it felt like to have magic, but he felt too dumb to ask Satori or Erissa that question.

Guren noticed that Satori smirked at him right before he opened his mouth to speak. "So, Joshua, want to go to dinner later?"

Guren's eyes widened as he heard those words. How dare Joshua go to dinner with his best friend?

"Dinner?" Joshua questioned.

"Yes, dinner. I was thinking that since you've been such a great assistant, I would treat you."

Wait, assistant????????

Guren had not been informed about Joshua being Satori's assistant.

Sure, Satori was one of the owners of the Magic Government, since the Yasaki's mostly built it, but Guren was sure the owners did not have assistants.

Guren patiently waited for Joshua to deny his assistant title given by Satori Yasaki himself. But, that never came.

"Sure, why not. Where are we going?"

Guren mentally face palmed. Of course the rich Satori Yasaki would have an assistant that used to be a grimoire and currently had the name of Joshua Ayaki.

"Your choice, my good sir."

Satori then faced Guren. Before Joshua could open his mouth, Satori shushed him by putting a finger up to Joshua's lips.