14 | Mr. Protective

———
Fourteen | Mr. Protective
(Part Four of Post Shattered Stars One Shots)

Characters: Joshua Ayaki, Satori "Satou" Yasaki, Guren Yuuki

Ships (Platonic): SatoShua, SatoRen

Summary: Satori is sleep deprived, and when Joshua tries to help him sleep, Guren gets mad. (aka, Satori isn't feelin' the aster and Joshua tries to help!! but the big bad Guren doesn't think he had the right to.)

im thinking of writing a satoren or satoshua one shot,, which one should i do?
(for valentines day one shot btw)
things get intense,, like very intense man V E R Y
———

Joshua knew Guren did not like it when he was with Satori, but he had to be near him anyway. it was his job.

But Guren just had to not like him hanging out with his best friend, let alone having a job where he had to be with him all the time when at work.

Also at his house, when duty called.

Joshua concluded that Head Yuuki was being jealous. That narcissistic Guren Yuuki probably wanted Satori all to himself.

But, that wasn't exactly the case.

Sure, Guren knew that he shouldn't be hating on Joshua like that. He should accept that his best friend was getting a new friend.

He didn't want to accept it, though. Ever since Guren shot Satori in his fucking skull during the time he was evil, he could never forgive himself nor the people that made him do it.

Guren refused to let that happen again, so he was being Mr. Protective and was trying to make no one hurt Satori like he had once did.

He couldn't move his left arm. His dominant arm. It must've been tough at school, but also with magic. Guren was glad nothing else happened, like memory loss. Guren had blamed no one but himself for that accident.

Then, Satori died. In front of an audience. In front of his future girlfriend. In front of Guren. It was because of his stupid mother.

Guren blamed himself for that incident as well. He had faults in many things that had happened to his best friend. But, they were best friends, no matter the situation.

Mr. Protective decided to forget that. Forget that he was best friends with Satori. Guren focused on Satori's friendship with Joshua.

Joshua. Basically, he was Mr. Perfect. Guren couldn't beat him in anything and knew that for a fact. Guren sent both Joshua and Satori on a mission, and what happened?

Joshua found out secrets Guren didn't know. Mr. Protective and Satori were friends for four years, and Guren didn't know Satori's family had a curse for as long as they existed.

Four years, and Guren didn't know the pain Satori felt during the time he was hiding the curse.

Guren knew one thing, Joshua understood his pain.

For some weird reason, Joshua knew what it was like to hide something that was secretly killing you inside. Joshua felt a connection with Satori and the two became friends.

Guren just didn't want his friend to leave.

Leave like his mother, his father, and his sister.

Guren's old love interest even left him.

Guren didn't want to lose anyone else. Satori was all he had to keep him sane.

Well, he had his family too, but that was different. He wasn't connected to the Yuuki's as much as he was with Satori. If he went insane, Satori would calm him down, while the Yuuki's would panic and scream.