«02»UCLA

Angel (not edited)

Arriving at UCLA, I take in the atmosphere of it all. College students and professors crowd the campus. Even though I've been here before to check out the campus it still amazes me and I haven't even toured the whole campus yet.

The taxi driver steps out the car helping me retrieve my bags. I pay him and then make my way towards the main entrance.... I'm guessing.There's 3 days for check in for if you're moving in on campus. You have the whole week for if you're not staying on campus just for registration and all.

I make my way to one of the many front desks. "How may I help you?" The blonde, older lady asks me with a polite smile. "Uhh hi I'm here to get my room assignment to stay on the campus." I say switching feet so my weight shifts on my right foot.

"Oh wonderful! Name?" She exclaims clapping her hands together. I wish I had this much energy and enthusiasm everyday.

"Angel Owens-Wright" I smile politely hoping to get on some people's good sides this year. She takes the freshly printed paper and hands it to me. She also grabs a few more papers. "So we want to make your time here at UCLA as smooth as possible so in this folder is a map of the campus, and all the fast-food and restaurant places that are on or are close by the campus. This is your student ID to log into whatever computer in the library and finally your room assignment." She pauses and looks at me to see if I'm grasping all this new information in.

She was talking really fast so I just nodded and smiled like I actually understood but to be honest I had no clue.

"So you're in Patterson-Hall which is a Co-Ed section. I hope you're fine with that" she gives me a uneasy smile.

Whatever... as long as the guy isn't some creep and doesn't get in the way of my studies and classes, then I guess I'm A-Ok.

I take the folder and take the map out. Ok so I'm at the main entrance. I scan the map looking for Patterson's hall. Ok right we go.

I walk for what seems for hours but only like 5 minutes all the way across the campus and to the building where I'm staying. I take the elevator up to floor 3 and make my way down the long hall to room 17. I get out the key fumbling with all my belongings and finally get through the door. No one was in here yet so that's good for me.

All I want to do now is fall back on the bed and sleep! But first I prop my bags up against the wall. I leave one suitcase on the group digging out all my bed sheets so I can make up my bed. The dorm room was fairly small, but it's what I expected. I put my suitcase back up against the wall and then get comfy in my new bed. I slowly fall asleep because boy am I jet lagged.

•••••

I wake up like 2 hours later checking my phone. I blink repeatedly almost forgetting where I was.

I hear loud voices on the hallway.

" yo that's so cool! Our rooms are right next to eachother....."

"I'm jealous, Brandon's got a room all to himself, while I'm stuck sharing with the Italian over here." The guy lets out a laugh.

"Hey I'm not that bad" I'm guessing the Italian one says.

Wait, that laugh is kind of familiar.

I'm probably just hearing things now, I really need some sleep. I don't instead I keep listening.

"Hopefully Austin has a baddie in his room so we can switch rooms." Another one says.

How many are out there. Like 20!?

We'll meet back up in like 10. And then I hear the door rattling.

Shoot! Think fast. So I think of the only thing. To act asleep.

The person who walks in puts their belongings in and then lets put a small gasp. I'm guessing he now just noticed me. I want to let out a laugh but I keep character. He runs out the room and to wherever. I can tell by the footsteps.  I hear slight whispers which I'm guessing are all the people that were just outside conversing.

" Yo she is a baddie! Austin scored!"

" I have a whole girlfriend Ed-Worm". Then most of the room let's out a laugh.

"Shh you're going to wake her idiots." Another guy whispers but then yells "Yo Z come here"

"Bro you just contradicted yourself stupid" and then I hear a smack. Wow these guys are something else.

"What I almost had my bed made up" the guy who I'm guessing 'Z' is comes in.

"Look!"

I want to roll my eyes so bad because they're acting like they've never seen a girl before. And the one just said he had a girlfriend.

"Omg I know her.... that's the girl at the airport and I got her number." He pauses then says "That's Angel"
——————————————————
Imagining all the guys looking at Angel like she's some sort of science experiment is so funny.⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️