«15» Dakota

Angel (not edited) Austin's so cute in that, 😭^^

"You have the voice of a god. Why haven't you sung for me before?" I yell at Zion and hit his shoulder.

"I guess you could say that you have the voice of an angel..." Austin cracks a very corny joke along with many playful winks.

"I don't get it." Edwin says with a twisted face.

"Yea moving on..." I trail as we all look at Edwin's confused state.

"Wow abuse!" Zion continues the conversation before and clutches his shoulder as if I really hurt him.

"Y'all could be famous one day!" Then I gasp dramatically for no reason at another thought. "What if y'all were a boy band?"

"That's ridiculous." Nick instantly pushes the thought away.

"I don't even know how I survived this long with all of them." Edwin says honestly.

"I'd probably kill Austin if we were on one tour bus." Brandon says.

"Zion doesn't even pay attention enough to be in a group. See look at him now." Austin points out. Austin was right, Zion was zoned out twirling one of his dread locks in between his fingers.

"He's acting like he's rolling a blunt." Edwin cracks a joke laughing. I stifle back a laugh as well and start snapping my fingers in Zion's face.

He stares blankly at me and that's when I can tell he's in deep thought.
"Zion!" He blinks once, then twice.

"What?" He replies calmly as if we weren't just trying to get his attention. "Exactly my point." Austin says.

the next day

I wake up the next morning to my loud ass annoying alarm going off. I look to the left to see that Austin was gone—most likely at class. Today I had engineering classes and I was already dreading it. Yawning, I make my way to the bathroom and take a quick shower. Then I brush my teeth. I put on a regular burgundy sleeveless shirt and some light washed blue ripped jeans. I grab my bookbag and the head to class.

"Oop who you looking good for?" My friend Dakota says once I walk in the science class I'm taking. Dakota has curly black hair and her skin is a milk chocolate color.

"Girl who else? Me myself and I!" I say with a laugh sitting down next to her.

"I know that's right!"

"While you're talking about me, who you lookin good for?" I say observing her outfit. She has on a crop top and some jean shorts. "I gotta find me a man." She gives me a duh look. I playfully roll my eyes at her and quickly cancel my noise when the stern professor walks in.

"Why does he look like bill nye? Bill, bill, bill, bill." She whisper sings quietly.

"Bill nye the science guy." I whisper sing back at her. I'm in college doing the same things that I used to do in middle school, that's sad.

He glances in our direction but doesn't say anything and goes back to writing on the huge white board.

"Right, take your old ass back to writing, you don't want this work!" She says no longer in a whisper causing other students to look at her. "He's a whole 60 year old, I think you'd win with just a push." I shrug.

She laughs at me then focuses on taking notes again. 4 hours later and I'm completely done with all my engineering classes. Both classes take two hours each.

"Fucking finally!" Dakota exclaims as we walk out of the air conditioned building and into the sunny warm weather. "I was ready to fight both of those professors!" She includes. I'm surprised she didn't get kicked out of any of them. She's so problematic but I love it.