«17»New Years

Angel (not edited)

enjoy this 8k update !

"What are we gonna do for New Years Eve?" That question gets passed around for the fifth time in our conversation. I still have no plans and it's currently 1 in the afternoon. I haven't been productive all day, just sitting around bored.

"I'm going out with Tiffany to a club. I don't know if y'all wanna come or..." Edwin trails off. I've met Tiffany before and she's cool and all but how can you just let the N word slip? That's not really any of my business though. The club with Ed and a Tiffany is most definitely out of the picture for me.

"Yea, no." I say with a blank face.

"I'm going to Georgia to surprise Alexys so I can't help you there, sorry." Nick says shifting in the bean bag.

"I know Char's having a little get together and I'm sure y'all are welcome to come." Brandon says and I practically jump up with excitement. "What time?" I ask.

"9-till whenever."

"It'll be a good way to just get away from reality for a second." Zion smiles down at me. We're currently in a small loveseat with me snuggled up next to Zion. I didn't know that I could be this comfortable next to a person.

"Y'all are cute and all but y'all still aren't together. I'm pretty sure y'all haven't even kissed." Austin points out making me hide my face in my hands while Zion shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"Shut up Porter." Zion says sternly.

"Hey, I was just sayi-"Austin started but was cut of by Zion's glare.

"I'm going to go to the mall with Dakota to find me a dress." I say quickly and get up to walk to the door. "Why can't you just go like that?" Zion asks.

"Because I wanna look cute tonight." I say simply and open the door.

"Who you getting dressed up for? You look fine."

"Myself and why thank you but it's not the best party outfit." I say looking down and my black joggers and black t-shirt. "Let me come with you. You know we haven't heard from your father in a while and that's scaring me." He says looking at me with pleasing eyes.

It's true. It's been almost 2 months with no word. Maybe it's a good thing but with my luck, something bigger and bad is going to take place.

"Goodbye Zion." I give him a sarcastic smile and go to find my friend Dakota. I met Dakota in my aerospace science class, the only other friend girl friend I have other than Lexi. Lexi's all the way in Bora Bora with William for her honeymoon.

*

"Ooh this is cute." Dakota points out pulling out a navy blue skin tight dress from the racks.  We've been here for 2 hours and almost in every store just to find a cute dress. "No, that's just ugly." I say with a disgusted look.

"Ok let's gets some food first, a bitch gotta eat." Dakota says walking out of the store and to the food court. We pay for some Chinese food and make our way to a table.

"The way you're eating, I don't know how you stay so skinny." I tell her looking at her face with is stuffed with chicken fried rice. "I'm saying! I'm taking this weight training class so that helps me." She says and I nod my head.

After we eat out food we make our way to another store yet again.

"What about this?" She says holding up a skimpy red dress.

"I'm trying to find a house party dress, not look like a whole hooker!" I practically shout. 2 stores and another hour later and I still haven't found anything. We make our way in Forever 21, our last hope.

"Angel! Come on this would be the perfect outfit." Dakota shouts from across the store causing people to stare at her. She holds up an all black dress with a light blue jean jacket. The dress just looks like a really long shirt but I'm not gonna lie, it's cute.

"Ok, I'll get it." I smile at her going to the cash register. I really need a job if I'm going to be spending money like his all the time. I don't buy the jean jacket because I already have one.

"Finally!" Dakota sighs dramatically. I roll my eyes playfully at her and call an Uber.

*

I come out of my bathroom just to hear Dakota scream. "What?" I get scared as to why she's screaming. "Look at yourself!" She pipes me up.

"You have to wear these." She shoves some black high heels towards me. "What I look like trying to break my ankle in these? I'm wearing these." I say pulling out some black vans I've never worn before.

"Where are you going tonight?" I ask her.

"Oh, I'm going to the club, maybe find a man. " She smiles.

"What happened with Aaron?" I questioned hella confused.

"I don't even know to be honest with you. He's been gone like this whole week but he won't tell me where. He's hella secretive and that's what we're not finna do." She says and I nod my head in understanding.

I look at my phone to see Zion's text.

Zion
Are you ready?

Zion
Or do I have to drag you out?

Zion
At this rate we'll miss this ball drop

Zion
I'm coming over

I read the last text just as I hear 3 knocks on the door. "I'll see you later." Dakota  slips out the door leaving me to face Zion.

"Ang- woah. You look amazing." He compliments me making me feel good about my choice. "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself."

"Ok let's go, we left a whole hour later than we were supposed to." He chuckles placing his hand on my back, guiding me downstairs and to his car.

*

We were all gathered around Char's huge tv screen at her house. Some were eating, drinking, and some were dancing.

"One minute!" I hear someone me random person call out from another room. Everyone had a champagne glass even if mine was just filled with sparkling juice.  Zion stands up next to me drawing me in closer by putting his arm around my waist.

"20 seconds!" The announcer calls out from the tv screen. I'm so glad California is warm and not 10 degrees like in New York.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." We all say in unison.

"Happy New Year!" The whole house erupts in cheers.

"Happy new year Angel." Zion turns to me and smiles a boyish smile. I smile back at him getting lost in his eyes. I just realized how close we are, how his lips were only inches away from mine.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks uncertain, his breath fanning down on my lips. I nod my head a little too eager. He pulls me closer by grabbing into my waist.

He chuckles before his lips came
crashing down onto mine.
_____________________________
Writing scenes like that is awkward asf so we just gonna leave it like that. Lmaoooo, written by 17440A

Thanks for 8k, like I started this book just in December, y'all are wild.🤘🏾😛💜

Short chapter(sorry)