«04»1st dates

Zion (not edited)

     "Guys guys guys guys!" I exclaim waving my phone around the crowded table made for 4 people but we made it fit for 5. "I did it, it's done, I'm going out with her at 7!"

"Omg omg omg omg omg! I don't care." Edwin says faking his excitement. "Shut up just because you're not getting any action doesn't mean you gotta be so mad." Brandon says smacking him upside his head.

"Yet!" Edwin says.

"Sureeeee" Austin says sarcastically scoffing.

"Ok whatever but you guys told me to ask her out but no one thought Where to take her" I say while looking up places close by to take someone on a date.

"It's your date, not ours" Nick says making sure that 'your' was loud and clear. "Your smooth talking and charms are on point, now you just need to plan a good date" Brandon says putting down his phone. It's kinda funny how we all go to a place together but then just get on our phones having minimum conversation. "Ooh, there's a little diner right off campus not too fancy either" I mutter to myself looking at the diner's hours.

I stand up grabbing my phone and earbuds and small sweatshirt off the back of the chair. "I'll see you guys later" I say to the 4 guys, all their attention was glued to their phones. I dismiss myself from the fast-food restaurant we were at and head to Patterson hall's parking lot. I sprint across the campus to Patterson hall's parking lot, hopping into my car and heading to the little diner I found. It took me 3x longer to get there than it should've because I'm not a very good direction taker and I get distracted by my thoughts easily. I pull into the parking lot in front of the diner named 'Kate's eatery & bakery'.

Hopping out the car I make my way in immediately going to the front desk. The older lady greets me with a 'hello how can I help you?'

Replying I ask " Is this a place that would be suitable to bring your date?" I probably sound really dumb asking this question by the look she's giving me.

"Well yes I think it is a very cute diner that's not to fancy but no too messy and dirty. "So basically this is not McDonalds and not La Pierre's?" I ask summing her statement up.

"Nope!"

"Well do you think this place would be crowded around 7, like should I make reservations... or?" I ask. I don't know why I'm so nervous with this 'date' or whatever Angel wants it to be. "It shouldn't be dear, the time right now is our busiest" she says taking a look around the place. "Well thank you ma'am, I'll be back" I say rushing out the door.

I sit in my car thinking of what else to do for this hangout/date, I really don't know what to call it. "Call Nick Mara" I call out loud to Siri.

"Calling Nick Mara" It replies and I put it on speaker backing out of the little diner and onto the wide main road. Come on Nick pick up.

"What this time Z?" He says and I can tell he was in the middle of something.

"Well damn sorry Nick but what do I get a girl on a date?" I wonder probably sounding really desperate and hopeless at the same time. I hear chuckles through the phone signaling that the four guys I just left are all listening in on the phone call. "Zion... you just might be the most desperate person I've ever met" Nick says laughing with the guys. "Come on, this is basically dating 101" he continues and I can practically see him glaring at me but laughing at me through the phone.

"Well are you going to tell me or continue to make fun of me?" I deadpan. "Flowers, idiot... buy her flowers!" Nick says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.  "Oh right!" I exclaim hanging up on Nick, making a quick U-turn to a nearby flower shop. 'Rose's Flowers' the big red and pink sign read over the small brick building.

I enter the building, the door signaling that a new customer just entered. I'm immediately greeted by a loud "Welcome! Can I help you find anything?" The lady who looks as if she's in her late 50's says coming around the counter. "Can I get an assortment of flowers" I say just now realizing that I don't know what type of flowers she likes.

What if she's allergic?

What if she doesn't like them?

Every girl likes flowers...right? Right!?

"Yea an assortment of flowers would be good" I state once again following the lady up to the cash register. She nods her head slightly.

"$10.43 for the assorted collection of flowers" she says. I hand her a ten and a five dollar bill then receive my change stuffing it into my pocket. The lady comes back into view from the back room with a bouquet of different flowers including Asters, Carnations, Poinsettias, Sunflowers, and Roses of course.

I thank the lady and exit jumping back into my car heading back to the campus. I read the time.

6:25pm

'So I have 35 minutes to make myself look good and have time to spare. That's manageable' I thought to myself.

I unlock the key to Nick and I's dorm room walking in and setting the flowers on my desk. Seeing as if I haven't unpacked yet I walk to my suitcase and rapidly look for something decent to wear. I settle a simple black tee, black jeans, and a white jean jacket. I place on my 'NY' hat as an accessory. I walk to my mirror fixing myself up.

   6:58pm

"Ok ok ok I can do this" I say to myself pacing back and forth in front of the mirror then cracking my knuckles. I grab the flowers off my desk and head right across the hallway. I knock 3 times before she opens it looking mighty fine if you didn't know or in case you were wondering.

She was dressed in a black dress not too fancy though and covering her shoulders was a white jean jacket. It's kinda funny because you could say we were matching.

"Hey Angel, you look... stunning" I say looking for the right word. "Thank you Zion" she says giving me a smile. "Oh these are for you" I say pulling out the flowers from behind my back. "Oh... achoo! Zion...fuck achoo! Zion I'm allergic" she finally manages to get out stumbling backwards. I immediately throw the flowers down the hall not thinking straight and walk into her dorm room. I bend down to her level and it looks as if she's about to pass out. Fuck. "Angel stay with me, come on you gotta stay with me." I say in a panicky tone.

"Grab my EpiPen" she manages to get out while stuttering. I carry her to her bed and quickly search the room. I lunge across the room grabbing it and handing it to Angel. I have no idea how to work it but it looks like she does when she plugged it into her thigh. I wince just by looking at how hurtful that looks while she lays there unfazed.

She hands it back to me. "I am so sorry Angel, I had no idea, I didn't mean to, It was meant to be an act of kindne-" I'm cut off by Angel who looks so out of it and cuddles up into her bed comforter blanket. "It's ok Z, I'm sorry that I'm going to have to cancel this date or whatever" she says closing her eyes. "I'll promise I'll make it up to you sometime soon" I promise her kissing her forehead grabbing the desk chair and putting it by her bed.
I then grab her soft hand caressing it in mind placing another soft kiss on it. She doesn't reply so I'm guessing she's asleep. I tuck her further into the covers then plop down back into my seat with a sigh.

How am I going to make this up to her?

——————————————————
I have no idea about pollen allergies and all so tell me if somethings off
Hope you enjoyed!

{1406 words}