«13»Hot Fries

Angel (not edited)

         "Can I try one?" Austin asks eyeing the Chester's hot fries bag in my hand. I held the bag closer to my chest as a sign of possession. "No. These are precious and valuable! Austin you don't even know what these are."

"Yea I do, they're just chips."

"No they're hot fries! You're not even worthy of saying the name right." I argue.

"Nooo they're my chanclas." Edwin says in a bored sarcastic tone earning glares from Austin and I. "Here." I say leaning the bag towards Austin. He takes one and observes it like it's some sort of poison. Then he pops it in his mouth.

Wait for it...

"Yoo! I can't breathe." He starts panting for air, searching frantically for a bottle of water. "Austin, this is so sad, can't even handle those." Zion says shaking his head disappointedly.

"I'll see you idiots later." I smile to myself grabbing my bookbag and opening the door. "Wait! I'll walk you." Zion offers a smile and closes the door behind us.

I look up and smile at him like the idiot I am. Today I have my music classes. It should go fairly smooth because all we do in the music industry class is take notes until we're all groaning for it to be over—which isn't long.

I pull up my bookbag further up on my shoulder and intertwine my left hand with Zion's right. We walk in a comfortable silence across the sunny campus. I've noticed that Zion tends to look around—like more than usual. He doesn't focus on what's in front of him, it's like he's paranoid that someone will come out and do something bad. 

I look up at him since he's taller than me. "Zion, are you ok?" He just seems a little off lately. He doesn't say anything, he just nods his head and keeps walking.

Why does everyone say that they're fine but they're not? I really don't have room to talk because I do the same thing but it's just harder to figure them out.

I abruptly stop making him stop as well. "Zion." I press, grabbing his chin and forcing him to look down at me. "Angel I'm fine." He finally looks into my eyes and smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

"Talk to me when you want to ok? I can tell something's up but you're not telling me." Maybe the situation is bigger and that I shouldn't press it but I just wanna know if he's ok. I sound clingy and we're not even dating, damn.

I let out a huff, letting go of his hand and walk into the building leaving him standing there. I walk into the auditorium finding Alexis and William sitting next to each other.

"Hey Lexi, hi William." I plop down in a seat next to Lexi. "Hey." They both reply back at the same time.

Weird engagement powers.

About 10 minutes later, the professor walks in and starts a lecture immediately. I hear small whispers coming from behind me so I turn to look. The same guy from before is sitting all the way in the back with no materials whatsoever. Like before, he's wearing all black and is talking lowly into something. He begins to look up slowly so I turn around quickly.

If anything's off in here, it's him. But then again, I don't know him so who am I to judge. I focus my attention back on taking the notes, while focusing on the lecture. 4 long and tiring hours later, my music classes are finally all over and I'm in a small cafe with Alexis. William had something to do, so he left right after class.

"You and William are goals for real. I need a relationship like that sis!" I exclaim slouching in my seat. If I'm going to get a boyfriend anytime soon, I need to stop sitting like this first off.