«03»Lies

Angel (not edited)

Zion? I was not expecting to see him again. Or hear from him.

"Text her and then whenever she wakes up then she'll text you back, maybe. Start a conversation, make her laugh and then bam! A new relationship starts."

"Wow you're a genius man!" Zion says and then I hear footsteps leave the room.

"Well I'll make up my bed and then I'll meet you guys in 10... for real this time."

"Alright see you Austin" and the rest of them I'm guessing leave the room.

I decided I would act like I was waking up. I yawn then stretch my arms and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I then rub my eyes slowly opening then and search the room.

I let out a small gasp and place my hand over my heart like I was actually surprised. "Oh hi... I'm guessing you're my roommate?" I speak first.

"Hi I'm Austin and you my friend are an amazing actress, you deserve a round of applause." He says clapping his hands together giving me an applause for my 'acting'. Austin has pale white skin and has blonde hair but it's obviously dyed because you can see his dark brown colored roots. You can also tell by his eyebrows because since they're brown, that would be his natural hair color. Austin is very skinny and freakishly tall.

I frown slowly getting out of bed and stretching..but for real this time. "Well my name's Angel but how'd you know?" I question. I thought my acting skills were pretty on point. I've did this a hundred times with my mom.

"Well first you would check the person's eyes. You were moving your eyes around as if you were trying not to open them, that's sign number one.

And sign number two would be you were trying to make your breathing as quiet as possible..people who are sleep don't really try to make their breaths shallow"

I kinda got lost when he was talking in amazement and curious to know why he knew any of this.

"Well you're definitely here in the medical field." I say walking to both suitcases and begin unpacking. If I don't do it now, it'll never get done.

"Actually I'm into performing arts." He says plugging his phone up into the white IPhone charger.

"I'm majoring in engineering first and then minoring in performing arts." I say.

"That's cool." He says simply. He puts his shoes on and grabs a set of keys. "I'm going out with some friends I'll be back" he says then leaves with a close of the door. I catch a glimpse of Zion before the door closes and think to myself.

How can a teenager be that attractive. Like puberty did no justice for me. I'm only 5'3... IVE BEEN THIS WAY SINCE 8th GRADE! IM IN COLLEGE NOW!

My thoughts are interrupted by the vibration of a text message. I'm surprised I actually heard it since my phone is always on 'do not disturbed'.

I grab my phone of the charger, reading the message.

Unknown
Hey Angel. How's it going?

Me
Zion??? Stop all the formal crap I don't like it

Me
But like don't excessively use 'text talk'
Zion
How'd you know it was me

Me
You just told me

Zion
Not technically but I guess

Me
🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ Well since I know it's you... what brought you to UCLA

Zion
Wait how'd you know

Me
I heard u guys in my sleep... well fake sleeping

Me
"Ssh don't wake her up" but then yell?

Zion
😂😂 oh that was my friend Nick

Me
How many of you guys were there?Ya'll sounded a lot like a herd of elephants

Zion
Really? There's only 5 of us

Me
So back to my question, what brought u to UCLA?

Zion
Performing Arts

Me
Oh! Like Austin

Zion
Yea

Me
So are the other guys in performing arts too or..

Zion
Yea Prettymuch (Hahaha I'm funny)

Zion
All of us are in performing arts as a major but all minor in something different. It's kinda weird how similar but different we are

Zion
Change of subject, are u free later

Me
Depends

Zion
It's a yes or no question, A?

Me
Uhh sure?

Zion
Good, I'm taking you out. Is 7 fine?

Me
I guess

Zion
Dress accordingly

Me
What do u mean specifically, that can mean formal, casual, laid back...

Zion
Seen

Me
For me to dress 'accordingly' I HAVE TO KNOW THE OCCASION FIRST

Zion
Seen

Me
You're making this so much more difficult

Me
What if I underdress

Zion
i wouldn't mind 😏

Me
🤦🏽‍♀️ I hate you

Zion
No u don't. If u hated me u would've stopped talking to me a longggg one ago.

Me
That's true but for right now I hate u

Me
And that's no way to ask a girl to on a date

Zion
So this is a date?

Me
Is it not?

Zion
It's whatever u want it to be Angel 😉

——————————————————
Thanks for another read💜🤙🏽
{sorry this chapter is mostly texting tho}

Comment-
Share-
Vote-