16

'HIGHLIGHT'

yoongi and jungkook descended from their flight. it was bright and sunny. jungkook smiles widely at his birth home and the memories he'd had before he left so long ago.

"we'll go to my house first" yoongi says as his attention is fixated on the taxi's lined up outside

he grabs jungkook, who's only paying attention to his surroundings as if he'd never seen an airport before

he drags the younger and heads to the line of taxis outside.

he approaches the passenger window, and the driver rolls down the window as yoongi leans towards it.

"hey, i need a ride..."

——

the ride is silent, nothing but the beating of yoongi's heart can be heard by only him and himself. the cab driver focused on getting the duo to their destination, trying to keep his attitude hidden for a good tip. jungkook's gaze glued to the window as he reads and familiarizes his old home.

"i believe we're here.. sir" the taxi driver says as he reaches behind to look at the two in his backseat

"thank you... how much will that be?" yoongi asks

the taxi driver was about to say 300₩, but he remembered that they're from america, so they probably don't understand the money system here.
(a:n- lmao I barely understand it myself)

"3000₩" he says as he mentally plasters a smile on his face

"here you go" yoongi happily hands the driver one american dollar

the two are already out of the cab before the driver has input to add in.

"this is my house" yoongi says to jungkook as they're stood in front of the huge mansion

"wow, i knew you were rich, but not THAT rich" jungkook says as he stares at the building in amazement.

——

"okay.. let's make this quick so we can avoid my parents.. just leave your bags right in the front.. make a run for it if any staff spots you..." yoongi says as he uses his spare key to open the front door

yoongi quickly walks in and drops his luggages by the door.. he scurried hurriedly to get back to the front door.

he needs no time to waste because he needs all the time to apologize to jimin for his sudden disappearance with no context.

jungkook is already ahead of him out the door, but as soon as his foot touches the threshold of the door, he freezes as he realizes something is off.