Realisation (@YourCrazyR5FanGirl)

Unedited
YourCrazyR5FanGirl

Ross's POV

"So, Lariss," I spoke to my best friend. She looked at me from across the table in the coffee shop curiously. "So, Ross," she teased and I chuckled. "What are you doing this weekend?" I asked curiously and a small blush rose on her cheeks.

"Nothing much?" Lariss shrugged innocently and I eyes her suspiciously. "Yeah right. C'mon spill," I said and she blushed harder. "I'm just grabbing some coffee with a guy," she shrugged and I raised a curious eyebrow.

"A guy?" I asked and she nodded shyly. "Yeah," she said and I rolled my eyes at her shy nature. "Okay and who is this guy?" I asked. "Just a guy from college," she said and I nodded slowly.

"What's he like? Is he a fuckboy?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at my protectiveness. "He's nice. He's in my English class and no he's not a fuckboy," she said and I hummed. "Well then I hope you enjoy it," I said despite the heavy feeling in my heart...

wait what?

×××

"Why do you look so out of it?" Riker asked me from across the table and I shrugged. "I haven't been sleeping well," I lied and he eyed me suspiciously. "Are you sure? You look conflicted," he said again and I nodded.

"No I'm okay. Don't worry about it," I said and he gave me an uneasy smile. "So how's Savannah doing?" I asked and he looked at me wide eyed. "How'd you find out?" Riker asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

Huh?

"Find what out? I just asked a question, dude," I chuckled and he laughed nervously. "I have to tell you something, but you have to promise not to tell anyone," Riker said and I nodded slowly. "Alright. I promise. Now what's going on?" I asked and he got a small smile on his face.

"Savannah's pregnant," he said and my eyes widened. "What? Seriously?" I asked happily and he nodded with a huge grin. "Yeah we found out yesterday morning," he said with a proud smile.

"I'm so happy for you, man. Congratulations," I said and suddenly someone walked into the coffee shop. It was Lariss. With a guy around our age. He had dark hair and kind of bad boy attire.

I suddenly felt myself getting mad.

Why would she bring her to our coffee shop? This was our special place so why would she come here with him?

"You're gonna break the mug if you squeeze it any harder," Riker said in a matter-of-factly tone and I released the mug from my death grip. "Jealous?" Riker asked teasingly and I scowled at him.

"Why would I be jealous?" I hissed and he shrugged before taking a long sip of his coffee. "No reason. But if looks could kill the guy with Lariss would be six feet under now," he said and I stared at him for a second.

"Shut up," I snapped and he laughed. My gaze went back to Lariss and my heart melted slightly. She had a big smile on her face and her eyes were shining happily. She was chatting inaudibly and her hands were gently clasped around a coffee mug.

I really don't like that dude she's with.

"And why is that?" Riker asked and I looked at him confused. "Why is what?" I asked and he rolled his eyes. "Why don't you like him?" he asked and I felt my confusion grow. "Did I see that out loud?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, so why?" he asked and I sighed. "He just has this fuckboy attitude around him. I mean look at him," I said and Riker turned bluntly to look at him.