Vulnerability (@Amymcstravick)

Amymcstravick
Amy's POV

My not-so-peaceful sleep was disturbed by the feeling of bed shaking and the noise of barfing. I turned around and saw Ross leaning over the side of the bed, throwing up.

I quickly switched on the bedside lamp and rubbed his back. "It's ok," I cooed and after a moment he looked at me with vulnerable eyes and an embarrassed face. "I'm sorry. I was sleeping and it just came up. I didn't get time to-"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay don't worry about that. I'm not mad, it wasn't your fault," I hushed and gently rubbed his cheek. "Do you feel better now?" I asked and he slowly shook his head.

Ross complained of nausea last night...or I guess earlier. I gave him some medicine and it made him sleepy so he went to bed early. He was restless during his sleep, but didn't wake up or anything.

"I'm sorry, Amy. I'll help clean up," he whispered, ashamed, and I frowned softly. "Hey don't worry about it alright. I'm sure I'm gonna have to do this a lot," I said and a small grin took over his face as he looked down at my small baby bump.

"C'mon. I'll give you some medicine and then clean up here," I said soothingly and he slowly followed me downstairs. "Here you go. I'm gonna go clean up," I smiled after handing him the medicine and started walking. I felt his hand gently grab my arm and I turned around to look at him. "I really am sorry," Ross whispered guiltily and I softly kissed his cheek. "I'm not mad at you. It happens to all of us," I said and soothingly rubbed his back. "I have the most amazing wife in the world," Ross smiled and I kissed his cheek again.

"And I have the most amazing husband,"

Ross's POV

I let out a big breath after I swallowed the pills and put down the glass.

I feel humiliated and embarrassed. I hate that Amy had to see me like that. I know it happens, but still. She's the pregnant one, but I'm throwing up.

Despite feeling horrible, I couldn't help the small grin that took over my face. She was finally pregnant. After trying for three years with schedules and injections and fertility specialists, Amy and I decided to just stop. To stop the treatments and schedules and just relax. We decided that it would happen if it was meant to happen. That was six months ago. Now she's four months pregnant with my beautiful baby.

I switched off the kitchen light and slowly walked upstairs, seeing Amy throw the new duvet over the bed. "I'm sor-"

"If you apologise one more time, I'll divorce you," Amy said seriously and I smiled lightly. Suddenly I felt my stomach churning and the bile rising in my throat. I quickly darted into our en-suite bathroom and fell to my knees in front of the toilet.

I felt Amy's small hands rubbing my back as she whispered soothing and loving words in my ear. After a couple of minutes I sat back and groaned lightly. "It feels like I'm dying," I said as she continued rubbing my back and a small frown took over her face.

"Do you think the sushi you ate yesterday afternoon was off?" Amy asked as I listened to the crickets outside. "It could've been that," I said after a moment of thinking. "Do you want to go to bed now? I think I should give you more medicine since everything is out now," she said and I nodded.

Before I could utter another word, she was gone. She may have short legs, but she is hell fast.

I entered the bedroom after brushing my teeth and slipped into my side of the bed. I heard the light switch click and after a couple of seconds my wife appeared in the bedroom again.

"Here you go. I'll go buy more tomorrow morning," Amy said and handed me pills with a glass of water. "What am I drinking anyway?" I asked curiously. "Just some nausea pills," she said and I swallowed the pills.

"Thank you for everything. I love you," I said and kissed her cheek. "You're welcome. You should try and get some sleep, babe. I love you too," she said and I smiled weakly before laying down between the clean covers. "Play with my hair?" I asked my wife sleepily and not long after I felt her small hands gently rub through my hair.

"Thank you," I mumbled and felt her kiss my cheek. Before I knew it I was sleeping again, but I was up later again.

*that morning*
Amy's POV

I sighed in relief as Ross finally slipped into a deep sleep. In the past four hours he's thrown up nine times. I really am worried about him. If he isn't better by tonight I'm taking him to the doctors.  

After I picked up more medicine from the pharmacy, I discovered Ryland's car in my driveway. As I exited the car I saw him also getting out of his car. "Hey," he smiled and gave me a quick hug. "Is Ross here? I can't reach him," Ryland said and I nodded.

"He's finally sleeping. He was up all night throwing up," I said and he looked at me concerned. "Why what's wrong?" he asked and I shrugged. "I don't know. I think the sushi you guys ate yesterday was off," I said. "Well I feel fine. And as far as I know all the others too," he said.

"But I'll leave you to take care of your sick husband. Oh, how's the pregnancy going?" Ryland asked and I immediately smiled. "It's going great. Ross is already talking about college funds," I chuckled and Ryland joined me.

"I really am happy for you guys. See: us Lynch men are rich in sperm. You were worried for nothing," he said and I laughed. "Oh, God. Just go away, Ryland," we laughed.

"But what was wrong? Like why did you guys struggle that long?" Ryland asked seriously and I sighed. "We honestly have no idea. There was nothing wrong with me and Ross. I think we just needed no relax because two months after I stropped all the treatments and stuff I got pregnant," I shrugged and he nodded.

"Maybe it just wasn't the right time. God knows what He's doing," he said and I nodded. "Yeah He does. But I'll talk to you later. I have to go take care of my eldest child," I said and Ryland laughed.

"Good luck and tell him I hope he gets better. Have fun with the pregnancy," he said and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "I'll tell him and thank you. See you guys later,"

After Ryland left I walked into our bedroom to discover Ross sitting up groggily in bed. "Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked and sat down in front of him. "Alright. Where were you?" Ross asked and I showed him the pharmacy bag. "And Ryland was outside. He says he hopes you feel better soon. And that the Lynch men have rich sperm so we were worrying for free," I said and he looked at me confused. "I'm not even gonna ask," Ross said and I laughed causing him to smile.

"You really should try to eat something," I said and he frowned at me.

"How about we don't do that and I go back to sleep?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. "How about no? You should eat something. Even if it's just dry crackers," I said and he groaned. "Fine, but only dry crackers,"

Later that night Ross was starting to get better which we were both grateful for. "Thank you for taking such good care of me," he said as he laid his head on my chest and I played with his hair. "You're welcome," I said and felt him place his hand on my stomach. "I love you both so much," he said and I kissed his head.

"And we love you too. So much,"

I'm sorry if this sucks. Things aren't going that great at the moment.