Chapter 6 - Madam Pomfrey

Harry sat on one of the many beds of the Hospital Wing nervously as Lupin and Snape talked with Madam Pomfrey in her office.

After what felt like hours of waiting, they came back and walked over to Harry.

"Why hello Mr.Potter. How's my favourite accident-prone student?" She asks with a smile, and Harry was painfully reminded of the past.

He shrugged, looking down at his lap nervously.

"That's understandable." She smiles kindly. "I'm just going to perform a little diagnostic charm on you so we can see exactly what the trouble is.

Harry nods a little, showing he heard.

"Would you lie down for me, please?" Harry nodded a little, nervously, and he laid down slowly.

Madam Pomfrey pulled her wand out and murmured a spell, starting from the bottom of his toes, slowly moving up to the top of his head.

When she was done, a scroll of parchment appeared beside her, and Harry sat up as she sat down, reading it.

"Extremely malnourished and his magic is extremely low, despite taking several Replenishers.." She mumbled quietly. "He is going deaf, but I can't find the cause... It's most likely not by something magical."

"It might be because of my Aunt.." Harry said quietly, and all heads snapped toward him.

"Petunia?" Snape asks quietly, feeling rage boil inside him at the thought of his best friend's sister hurting her poor child...

Harry nods.

"She tries to hit me with a frying pan a lot... I always duck out of the way in time, so she never worried about hitting me, but one day near the end of summer I wasn't paying attention, so I couldn't move... It started then, when I finally woke up a few days later.."

Pomfrey stared in shock, and Snape sat there, trying his best not to explode with rage.

That damned woman! Why in the world would she have the audacity to hit her sister's child with a bloody frying pan?!

Snape stood up, enraged. "I'm going to speak with the Headmaster."

Harry looked up at him, worried.

"As a matter of fact, Harry, come with me. Poppy, you can continue your examination later."

Madam Pomfrey looked ready to retaliate, but Harry and Snape were out the door before she could say a word.

Lupin caught up with the two, sighing. "Poppy's going to have your head on a silver platter once you get back, I hope you know that."

"I am aware." Snape says simply. "This, however, is a matter of far more importance than her silly rage."

"I'd hardly call it silly..." Lupin mumbled as he walked.

Snape rolled his eyes as he mumbled the password to the gargoyle and hurried in, seeing Dumbledore at his desk with Fawkes.

"Ah, Severus, I did not expect you here this late in the evening." Dumbledore smiled, a twinkle in his eye.

"I must speak with Petunia Dursley immediately." Snape snapped.

"Petunia? What for?" Dumbledore asks gently.

"That woman and her husband have abused this poor boy for years, Albus, and he's starting to lose his hearing due to it! I am going to remind her of the responsibilities her sister trusted her with when she left this world!"

"Calm down, Severus."

"No, I will not calm Albus! This woman has spoiled her son rotten, leaving Harry here with the treatment worse of a house elf, and now may have possibly permanently injured him! Now, I request to see Petunia Dursley immediately!"