Chapter 18 - Playdate

Harry spent the whole day running around the Manor, exploring everything there was to see while Severus wrote a letter at the kitchen table.

Harry collapsed beside Severus when lunch came around, grinning from ear to ear.

"Wore yourself out?"

Harry giggles, and Severus calls for Winny, having her make Harry a lunch of tomato soup and grilled cheese, which Harry very much enjoyed, before running off to play again.

Eventually 6:00 that evening rolled around, and Draco walked through the fireplace, only to find Harry sleeping on the floor right in front of it, surrounded by tons of new toys, some wizard, most muggle, wrapped up in a large, thick, black blanket.

He chuckles a little and walks around to find Severus.

Eventually he finds him in the kitchen, drinking a cup of plain black tea.

He sits down beside him, and Severus looked over.

"Welcome back, Dragon." Severus says in his usual slow, quiet voice.

"It's good to be back." Draco smiles a little. "Mum's been real upset because of what happened with Dad."

Severus nods a little, waving his wand, and a cup of tea, sugar cubes, and cream appeared in front of Draco.

They had talked for about an hour by the time Harry walked into the room, the giant blanket wrapped around his shoulders, Padfoot's little head poking out from behind it.

"Welcome back." Severus chuckles as Harry hobbles over to him, climbing into his lap.

"'Ello Draco.." he mumbles sleepily, his glasses cockeyed on his face as he yawned loudly.

"Hi Harry." Draco chuckled quietly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm.." Harry mumbled nodding slowly as he carefully climbed down from Snape's lap and hobbled over to Draco, taking the edges of the blanket in his hands and swinging it around so both him and Draco were wrapped up snugly.

"U-Um.." Draco stuttered.

"You're cold.." Harry mumbled, and Severus watches them with amusement and Draco tries to shove Harry off, failing, and only making Harry cling tighter onto him.

Eventually Draco gives up, allowing Harry to snuggle up to him.

Eventually Harry decides to get off, and runs to the living room (now that he wasn't so sleepy) to show Draco all his brand new wonderful toys that Severus had gotten him.

They sit in front of the fireplace and play for a while until Harry ends up falling asleep again, flopped over sideways onto the floor, using Padfoot as a pillow (which was difficult, considering how small the toy was).

Draco looks over at him with a little smile, leaning down and softly placing a kiss on his forehead, before carrying him to the couch with surprising ease.

Despite Harry gaining a good bit of his weight back, he was still extremely light.

They fall asleep on the couch together, their legs tangled together, Draco's head resting on Harry's chest, Harry's glasses lopsided.

The fireplace roared to life, spouting emerald green flames, and Sirius stepped out, Lupin following behind him.

They looked around, spotting Draco and Harry on the couch.

Lupin smiles a little, Sirius resting his head on his shoulder with the same smile.

"Welcome." Severus says, standing at the living room doorway.

Lupin turns to him, smiling a little. "Thank you so much for allowing Sirius to reside here."

"It is not a problem." Severus says quietly, as though he thought otherwise. Sirius, however, didn't bother covering up his hatred. He glared.

Severus's eyes flashed dangerously, and Sirius looked down.

"There will be no conflict, especially while these two are awake." Severus orders quietly, glancing over to the two sleeping children. "I am slowly learning to let go of the past, and I suggest you do as well, Black." Severus says, sitting down in an armchair and conjuring up a love-seat (a two-cushioned couch) for the two.

Lupin and Sirius sat down as Severus began to talk.

"I am aware that Black will be residing here until further notice, but, about you.." he faces Lupin. "Will you also..?"

Lupin nods. "I have no other family to go to, so I would be happy to stay here."

"Under one condition will you two stay here." Severus says strongly, but quietly, and Sirius raises his eyebrow in silent question.

"Keep the flirtation and so-fourth to a minimum. They are children after all, and I would rather Harry not be around that sort of thing."

Sirius began to speak, but Severus raised his hand and cut him off.

"I do not have any problems with your lifestyle, if that is what you are concerned about. The fact is that, yes, Harry may be 13 years old in body, but he is still a child at mind, and a child should not be around that sort of thing quite yet. I am hoping that Draco will be able to urge him to act his age, but let him know that, yes, he may still have the fun that he missed out on as a child, but there are times and places for such events."

Lupin nods a little. "That does make sense.."

Severus smiles a little. "I am glad that we have come to an agreement."

He stands.

"Now, Winny is nearly finished with dinner, so if you don't mind waking those two, we may eat." He then heads to the kitchen, and Sirius sighs.

"I don't think I can live here with him." He scowles, jerking his head towards the kitchen.

"Give him a chance, Padfoot." Lupin smiles sympathetically. "He's not so bad as he once was. I promise."

He turns to Harry and Draco and leans down, poking Harry's cheek.

Harry jerks awake, sitting up fast. "Bludger!" He shouts, startling Draco as the young blonde topples off his lap, and onto the floor in a heap.

Harry begins laughing, until Draco reaches up and pulls him down from the armchair, grinning devilishly as Sirius and Lupin watched with amusement.

Harry landed on top of Draco, looking up and seeing Lupin and Sirius.

"Moony! Padfoot!" He grins, jumping up and running over to them, hugging them both at the same time.

Draco sits up, fixing his hair as Harry talks with the couple.

Eventually they all head to the kitchen.

Harry pulls out his chair and sits in it, sitting on his knees as he looks out at all the food.

"Wow!! This the most food I've ever seen outside of Hogwarts!" He said loudly in awe.

"Quiet yourself and sit properly, please." Severus says, and Harry apologizes quickly and does as he's told.

Everyone begins to eat.

Harry finished first, jumping out of his chair and grabbing his half-eaten plate and heading to the trashcan.

"You've barely eaten half your plate.." Sirius says quietly with concern.

"He can't eat a lot at once." Severus explains. "I should tell Winny not to give him so much.."

"Yeah probably." Lupin agrees as Harry dumps his leftovers in the trash.

---------

A/N: Hey everyone, along with all the crap that has been going on, my sister just got diagnosed with cancer, so I'm probably gonna be a bit with the next chapter. Gotta remember what I was planning to do next, and get my motivation back (horray -_-) so yeah, that's fun.. Sorry for this, and thanks for being so understanding.