Chapter 28 - Rescue

Harry looked around in a rush, his hair plastered to his forehead with cold sweat as he was taken to a chair in the middle of the room.

He tried to transform but he couldn't.

Was he going to die here..?

He saw one of the many dementors in the room lean towards him, and he leaned back as far as he could, his head hitting the back of the chair.

He could feel everything around him getting colder and colder, and slowly his vision turned black, but he didn't pass out..

He heard a familiar voice shout something..

Who was it..?

HARRY!

The word was fuzzy, but unmistakable.

Harry felt his vision slowly return, and he looked around, trying to move away from the Dementors.

Who was that?

EXPECTO PATRONUM!!

Suddenly he was bathed in warmth as the Dementors were warded off by... A glowing white.... Doe..?

With the Dementors gone, the door slammed open, and Sirius ran over to him, hugging him.

A cloud of black smoke entered the room through the window, and Severus appeared.

Harry's eyes filled with tears. "Dad!"

"There's no time to celebrate quite yet. Do not forget, we are still in Azkaban."

Harry nods, and Sirius looks over to him. "What do you suppose we do..?"

Severus smiled, determined. "Leave it to me."

He grabbed Harry by his arm, as well as Sirius, and a moment later, they were at the front lawn of Hogwarts...

They had escaped...

Harry woke up in a completely white room, under plain white sheets, on a plain white mattress, his head under a plain white pillow.

The hospital wing...?

No, it was different..

"Good Evening, Mr.Potter." A woman who was definitely not Madame Pompfrey said as she walked into the room. He noticed she was carrying a tray of something, but the very thought of food made him feel incredibly nauseous.

"O-Oh um.. I'm not very hungry right now.."

She smiles and sets the tray down anyways, opening the lid and showing him what was inside.

"Unfortunately, hungry or not, it is customary for people who come from Azkaban to be served plenty of chocolate to get their strengths up, and you being so young, well, let's just say you'll be begging for real food by the time we're done." She chuckles heartily, but Harry couldn't even manage a slight smile.

He simply takes a small piece of the large amount of chocolate and looks at it for a while before looking up at the woman.

"Where am I..?" He asks quietly, and the woman smiles pleasantly. "You are at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries." She says, as if citing from a book. She reminded him incredibly of Hermione, if she was a bit shorter and her hair was puffier.

"What was I..." He looks down at his lap for a moment before trying to jump out of bed. "Dad! Sirius! Where are they?! Are they okay?!"

The woman helps him back into his bed carefully. "Now now, calm down. You're still injured."