Chapter 19 - The First Task

All during summer break, Harry spent each day playing with Draco, Lupin, Sirius, and Severus.

Harry sat in his room on his bed, fidgiting.

Severus knocked on the door gently, opening it and poking his head inside the room.

"Do you have everything packed?" He asks, and Harry nods, pointing to his trunk on the floor.

"Very good." Severus sat down on the bed beside him.

"Would you be willing to take the train to school?" He asks, and Harry looks up.

"Can't I go with you?"

Severus nods slowly. "You could.. But wouldn't you like to keep Miss Granger and Draco company?"

Harry looks down and fidgits. "I guess so..."

Severus sighs softly and picks Harry up, setting him in his lap.

"Harry, look." He says gently, and Harry looks up at him, reading his lips silently.

"I have a job to do at Hogwarts, you do realize that, correct?"

Harry nods a little, glancing down, then back up.

"I need the time while you are on the train to organize my schedule for the year. Do you understand?"

Harry looks down and nods silently again, tears in his eyes.

Severus immediately hugs him tightly.

"You silly child.. There is no reason to be upset. We will only be apart for a short while, I promise. You may sit with me at the beginning feast if you wish.. But please do not cry.."

Harry sniffles, burying his face in Severus's robes, and Severus looks down at him sadly.

The next morning, Severus woke Draco and Harry up and told them to get breakfast, and they'd leave a little after 10:30.

The two children sat at the breakfast table, drowsily spooning cereal into their mouths.

After breakfast, Harry laid down in front of the fireplace, yawning widely.

Draco flops down beside him, his head on his stomach as he yawns as well.

Severus watches silently as the two boys cuddle up to each other, and Lupin comes out from seemingly nowhere, sitting silently on the couch, watching the two as well.

"Are you still teaching this year, Remus?" He asks, and Lupin nods. "I am, since my secret hasn't gotten out yet."

Severus nods a little.

A little while passes, and eventually Severus stands up.

"It is time to leave now." He stated, and Harry lifts his head up a little, now mostly awake, nodding.

Him and Draco move to get their trunks, and grab onto them, each holding onto one of his arms.

He apparated on the spot, appearing on the platform, the Hogwarts Express gleaming in front of them.

A few student's around them looked shocked at seeing someone apparate inside the platform, and even more so when they recognised Severus.

"I will leave you two here to find Miss Granger." Severus says.

Harry nods a little reluctantly. "Okay.."

Severus smiles a bit and pats Harry's head gently. "You will be alright."

With this, he disapparates away, leaving Draco and Harry alone.

Harry takes hold of Draco's hand, making Draco look up quickly at him.