Chapter 11 - Confession

Snape immediately rushes to Dumbledore's office, his cloak billowing behind him, and it was obvious to anyone passing by that you didn't want to simply look at him the wrong way or you were sure to get hexed.

"We need the Aurors there as soon as possible." Snape insisted the moment he stepped into the office, ignoring Draco and Hermione, whom were still sitting in their chairs.

"Calm yourself, Severus. I will have everything situated when the time is right."

"When the time is right? Are you insane Albus? When exactly will the time be right?! They are torturing him! He's suffered the Cruciatus Curse countless times, I couldn't even figure out how many! If we delay even in the slightest, he will most certainly die!"

Albus sighed, placing his hands on his desk, folded.

"I will do what I can, Severus, but you must know that there is only so much I can do. Do not expect more of me."

Snape sighs, collapsing in a chair, his head in his hands.

"I just hope he will be able to hold this out..."

Harry, meanwhile, was scared.

He didn't know what to do.

He found that going into his Phoenix form made the pain more bearable, so he did that, changing back whenever someone walked by.

Days passed, countless days, and Harry had begun to lose hope in Snape.

Was he lying...?

Was he really one of Voldemort's followers...?

One day, he got an idea.

Harry's cell door was opened, but he was hiding under the bed.

The Death Eater looked around, confused.

The man stepped inside, looking around more, and the moment he was a good distance from the door, Harry ran from under the bed, past the Death Eater, and out the cell, slamming the door shut behind him.

Harry ran, not knowing where he was going, until he reached where Voldemort was, which was also where the exit was.

Harry transformed into his Phoenix form, walking out into the center of the room nonchalantly, earning the attention of all the occupants.

"Is that a Phoenix...?" One Death Eater mumbled in confusion.

"It is.." Voldemort said. "Curious as to how it got here."

"Perhaps it is lost..?"

"Perhaps.."

Harry tapped his foot on the ground repeatedly, gaining interest in the noise that his talons made against the stone cave floor.

It was highly satisfying.

He tapped his beak on the floor, not as satisfied, so he went back to his talons, enjoying the noise.

He should've done this earlier - this was very soothing and fun.

"What is it doing...?"

"It doesn't seem to be doing anything suspicious... Just.. Amusing itself..?"

Small chatter rippled through the Death Eaters.

"Allow me to call Severus. If it is injured, that might be why it is not flying away."

Harry heard this, but resisted the urge to look up, and he continued tapping to distract himself.

A few minutes later, Snape appeared beside Voldemort, having been summoned.