Chapter 7 - Classroom

Harry opened his eyes slowly, yawning.

"Good morning." He heard from a little ways away, and he looks up to see Snape in the armchair, a cup of some liquid in his hands, and he sat up from the couch, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"'Mornin'..." He mumbled in response.

"I noticed you needed some comfort last night." Snape commented, and Harry flushed in embarrassment.

"I.. I had a nightmare.. I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again..."

Snape set his cup down on his coaster, sighing gently. "I didn't say I wasn't okay with it. It's about time you actually had a decent parental figure in your life, do you not agree?"

Harry looked down with slight embarrassment. "I-I guess so.."

Harry wasn't sure if he wanted Snape of all people as his "ideal parental figure" but... He was willing, and so far he was doing a decent job, so... How bad could it be?

"Um... Professor..?" Harry asks, and Snape looks up at him. "Yes?"

"Could I go to the Great Hall...? For breakfast..?"

Snape watched him for a moment before sighing gently, nodding. "I don't see why not. But I will have a room set up for you and you will stay there until we can figure out whether your hearing is able to be repaired or not."

"What?! That's not fair! Why-"
"My reasoning." Snape began strongly,  cutting him off. "Is because I do not want your hearing to be impared any more than it has to. Being in a common room full of misbehaving and wild children will not help one bit."

Harry sighed sadly, looking down at his lap. "Okay... What about classes..?"

"If you feel up to it, then you may go to your classes."

Harry nods a little, silent.

"Please do not think this of a prison, Harry." Harry looked up in surprise at the sound of his name. He'd never called him by his first name before.. "I am merely thinking of your wellbeing."

Harry nods a little. "I understand sir.."

Snape stands up, vanishing his tea with a swish of his wand.

"Breakfast is nearly starting so I suppose we should go down."

Harry nods, and stands up as well, following Snape to the Great Hall.

When they enter, Harry immediately notices Ron and Hermione sitting at the Gryffindor table, looking worried.

Harry looked over to Snape in silent question, who nodded curtly and started towards the staff table as Harry hurried to the Gryffindor table.

He sat between the two, smiling.

Hermione immediately tackled him into a tight hug.

"Oh Harry! We were so worried! You went to that meeting with Lupin and you didn't return!"

Harry smiled a bit as he piled eggs and bacon and toast onto his plate. "Sorry... A lot happened.."

Ron's eyes then wondered over to Harry's neck.

"Harry..? What's that on your neck..?"

Hermione looked too, and gasped softly in surprise. "Harry, what is that?!"

Harry felt his neck, thinking to himself.

Ah, that's right... He hadn't been able to put the cream on it yet... It was in the dormatories...

"Ah.. That's um.. That's nothing.."

"Harry." Hermione said strongly, and Harry sighed.

"Snape got mad at my Aunt so we went to the Dursley's and Uncle Vernon attacked me while Snape was lecturing Aunt Petunia.."