Chapter 16 - The Attack

"What did you do to Ron..?" Harry asks Severus as Lupin was back in his human form, sleeping soundly by the fireplace.

"I simply scolded him and sent his mother a letter home. Knowing her, she'll send a Howler to add to his humiliation."

Harry smiles a little, happy with the consequences Ron faced.

The next morning, Harry gets to breakfast early, not wanting to wait for Severus.

Hermione and Draco join him not long later.

Eventually the mail comes, and Harry eyes a blood red letter, and smiles to himself, tapping Draco on the shoulder as the Howler makes its way over to Ron.

Draco smirks and plugs his ears, getting ready for it as a murmur runs through the Great Hall.

Ron's got himself another Howler.

This is the second year in a row right?

I wonder what his mum is going to say this time.

Ron opens the Howler reluctantly with shaking hands and drops it as it forms into a mouth and floats in front of him.

Harry was glad he could read the letter's lips. Mostly.

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW ABSOLUTELY HEARTLESS COULD YOU BE?! WE RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS AND YOU KNOW IT! NO SON OF MINE WILL BE A BULLY!! IF I HEAR A SINGLE INCIDENT OF YOU TORMENTING HARRY ONE MORE TIME I WILL HAVE PROFESSOR SNAPE TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE STATION! YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU SEE ANOTHER SCHOOL AGAIN!" The letter turned to Harry. "I'm so sorry Harry. Arthur and I will be extra sure to make it up to you, I promise." The letter then ripped itself into shreds and burst into flames.

Ron turned to Harry and glared daggers. He didn't feel shame this time. Just anger.

Harry felt a ripple of fear run through him.

He stood up quickly, Draco looking up at him with confusion.

"I-I'm going to go back to my room..." Harry mumbles, hurrying out the room, a few people from Ron's gang laughing at him as he left.

Harry entered the room, seeing Lupin awake on the couch, still looking ill.

"Are you okay..?" Harry asked quietly, sitting next to him and looking up at him.

"Hm?" Lupin looked down. "Oh, yeah. I'm alright."

"I... Saw you last night..."

Lupin's eyes widened a little and he looked over to Harry. "You... You did...?"

Harry nods a little.

Lupin sighs softly, looking down. "You must be terrified of me now, huh.."

Harry shook his head a little. "I'm not scared."

Lupin looked to him again. "You're not..?"

Harry shook his head with a smile. "You're still the same Moony that I knew before I knew about it. Nothing's changed."

Lupin's eyes fill with tears and he hugs Harry tightly, pulling away after a bit.

"You're too good for this world, you know that?"

Harry blushes and shrugs shyly.

"Oh don't be so modest." Lupin smiles a bit. "I was curious.. How come you're back from breakfast so early?"