Chapter 22 - Saved

Harry glared at Draco, walking forward and shoving him out of the way.

"Forget it." He snapped, lifting his wand and sending a silent spell, the Prophecy falling, Harry catching it.

"Absolutely useless.. Just like your father." Harry scowles, his voice almost demonic - nothing like his normal voice.

Draco winced at this, looking up at Harry from the ground where he'd been pushed.

"You're not Harry.." He mumbled shakily, and 'Harry' turned to him with a dark chuckle. "Foolish boy.. You just now figured that?"

"Wh-Who are you?"

Harry rolled his eyes, placing his hands on his hips. "When your father told me that you weren't too bright, I didn't think he'd meant to this extent."

Draco looked up in shock.

"Y-You're... Y-You-Know-Wh-Who..."

"Correct." Voldemort snarled, turning towards the exit. "Now follow me if you want to live. That is, if I decide that you should."

Draco swallowed nervously, his wand in his pocket as he followed him.

He could stun him but... Then he'd hurt Harry.. After all, Voldemort was only in Harry's mind...

But if Voldemort was in Harry's mind, where was Harry's..?

"Don't bother planning some sort of escape method." Harry snapped as he walked.

They walked through the Ministry of Magic, the adults giving the two confused looks.

Draco sent them all a scared look, but they didn't seem to catch it.

Eventually they entered a room, a singular archway of stone in the center of the room.

"I must have taken a wrong turn..." 'Harry' mumbled with a scowl.

Before 'Harry' could turn to leave, someone apparated into the room, and Draco looked up hopefully.

Harry's eyes narrowed slightly at the sight of Sirius.

"Well well, if it isn't Mr.Black." He smirked, twirling his wand in his hand, almost playfully.

"Harry? What are you-" He paused, glancing over to Draco, who mouthed fearfully, 'That's not Harry'.

He turned back to 'Harry', glaring. "Where is my Godson."

"I'm right here." Harry smirked, opening his arms wide and motioning to himself. "Just.. Not up here." He pointed to his head.

"What..? That doesn't make any.."

"It does." A deep voice spoke from seemingly nowhere.

Severus then stepped from the shadows, his arms wrapped around himself, his cloak billowing as he stepped forward.

"It took me a while, but I finally figured it out, after some analysing."

Sirius looked over to him, almost glaring. "Figured what out?"

Severus smiled stiffly. "When The Dark Lord attempted to kill young Potter on the night of Halloween, the curse rebounded, due to an unknown force. When it did so, it attatched a part of The Dark Lord's soul inside Mr.Potter, creating a connection between the two."

He began to walk around as he explained, slowly. "With time, The Dark Lord was able to use this connection to see inside Mr.Potter's mind, and as he grew stronger, he was even able to take over his body, using right now as an example."

Sirius looked from Severus to Harry.

"So.. That is.."

"The Dark Lord, yes. At mind, at the least."

"Very clever, Severus." 'Harry' smirked. "I always knew you were smart, but I didn't for one moment think you would figure that one out."

Severus bowed deeply, and Sirius looked at him in shock.

"Y-You're on his side?!"

Severus turned to Sirius silently, his hair hiding his face as he mouthed to him, "I am not. I am a spy."

Sirius glared, not quite believing him, but he turned to 'Harry'.

"Give me my Godson back."

'Harry' chuckled darkly. He stepped forward and pointed his wand at Sirius. "No."

Sirius stared at the wand silently.

Stupify.

Sirius fell back into the veil, and things seemed almost slow motion.

Harry's eyes turned from Blood Red to Bright Green in an instant, and he ran towards Sirius. Severus ran to him and grabbed him before he could fall in as well.

Harry struggled against him, crying.

"Nothing's going to change if you go in there too!" Severus shouts, holding him tightly so he couldn't get out. "It will just cause more devastation!"

Harry eventually tired himself out, clutching Severus's robes tightly, sniffling quietly, the Prophecy still clutched tight in his small hand, his wand back in his pocket.

Severus took hold of Draco, and they apparated to outside of Hogwarts, immediately going to his corridor where Lupin was waiting.

He stood up the moment they entered the room.

"So? What happened?"

Severus stayed silent, sitting down in the chair quietly, Harry clung to his cloak, Draco sitting on the floor near the couch, his head down.

Severus took the Prophecy from Harry silently and placed it on the table beside his chair.

"Severus? Where's Sirius?"

Severus took a deep breath before responding quietly.

"He.. Fell through the veil.."

"The veil? What is that? What does that mean?"

"Well, in summary, he is.. Dead.."

Lupin stared blankly, his eyes widened.

"D-Dead..?"

Severus lowers his head a little. "I apologize... I was not quick enough to stop it from happening.."

"How... How did it happen...?"

Harry suddenly broke into sobs, practically launching himself off of Severus's lap, running into his room and closing the door, locking it.

He jumped onto his bed, covering himself with his giant black blanket.

This was all his fault...

If he could've just stopped Voldemort from taking over then.... Sirius wouldn't be... Wouldn't be...

A little bit later, someone mumbled Alohomora from the other side of the door, opening it, and Harry curled up tighter as he felt someone sit down beside him and begin rubbing his back gently.

He sat up and hugged Remus through the blanket, crying still.

Harry looked up at him, his face red and covered with tears.

"Cub.. It's okay.. It's not your fault.."

Harry shook his head, sniffling. "I watched as.. As it happened... I couldn't do anything.. But I watched it.. and I wanted to stop him.. But I couldn't.. And I just I feel so bad... I'm so sorry Moony... I'm so sorry.. So sorry..."

Harry fell asleep a little while later, his face covered in dried tears, laying in Moony's lap, curled up like a little... Cub.

A/N: I'm sorry the chapter is so short. T^T