Chapter 10 - Voldemort's Return

Harry fell to the floor, surrounded by Death Eaters.

He sat up a little, looking around, scared.

He wanted his dad...

"Wh-Where am I?" Harry asked quietly, and a Death Eater stepped forward.

He seemed to be speaking...

"I um.. I can't hear you..." Harry said quietly, his voice shaky. "I'm deaf..."

He could tell that this fact surprised everyone.

The man took off his mask, revealing Lucius Malfoy.

"Y-You're Draco's dad..." he whispered quietly, staring up at the pale man.

"How very observant." Lucius smirked. "You are here because you are crucial to the Dark Lord's return."

"V-Voldemort...?"

Lucius nods, glaring a little as a rat scurries onto his shoulder. "Welcome back, Wormtail."

"Is that..?" Harry asked quietly, receiving a smirk from Lucius once more. "Wormtail here has worked undercover as the Weasley's pet for 12 years."

The rat scurried off his shoulder and in front of him.

Lucius pulled a wand out of his cane and pointed it at the rat, murmuring a spell, and the rat began to morph into a man.

"Wormtail." Lucius said quietly, and the man the more resembled a rat than a man, looked up, obviously scared.

"Begin. We already have everything situated."

'Wormtail' nodded and brought out a giant cauldron, filled with an odd substance.

He began the 'ritual', and Harry gasped when he cut off his hand.

Wormtail then started towards him, mumbling something to himself, and Harry tried to scoot back, but a Death Eater stepped up behind him and held him still so Wormtail could take some of his blood.

Wormtail walked over to the cauldron and dripped the blood in with a tap to the knife, saying, "The Dark Lord... Will rise... Again."

Once the ritual seemed to be taking effect, Wormtail scurried away as Voldemort began to form.

"Ahh... Harry Potter..." Voldemort began in a soft hissing voice, his red eyes piercing. "I would introduce you but rumor has it that you're almost as famous as I am."

A small ripple of laughter went around the circle of Death Eaters, silencing almost immediately.

"However... Now that you're here..." He turned to Wormtail.

"Wormtail... My wand..."

Wormtail scurries over to him, bestowing a white wand that looked like bone.

Voldemort took the wand carefully, turning to Harry and pointing it at him.

"Crucio."

Harry screamed in pain, writhing and jerking on the ground as pain flared through his body like fire.

Voldemort lifted the spell, only giving Harry a moment to catch his breath before casting it once again.

This went on for at least an hour, and by the time the hour was up, Harry was laying on the ground, panting, his whole body on fire, every limb aching, his throat scratchy and painful.

"Take him to a dungeon cell." Voldemort ordered with a sneer. "Do what you like to him."

Even though he couldn't see their faces, he could tell the Death Eaters smirked under their masks.