Chapter 27 - Azkaban

A/N: In order to get the full emotional experience, listen to the music while reading! Enjoy!
(Picture is for Annie12042006)

Harry's eyes shot open. Screams.

That all he could hear..

The screaming of mad men...

Harry sat up quickly, looking around. Where was he..?

"Harry..?" He hears, and he turns to the voice, seeing Sirius in a holding cell across from him. "Sirius!" Harry shouts, and dashes over to the bars of his cell, grasping them tightly. "Wh-Where are we?"

Sirius looks down. "Azkaban.."

Harry stares at him for a while, tears forming in his eyes.

Azkaban..? They can't be...

Harry turns, letting go of the bars and walking slowly to the corner of the room, sitting down, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around his legs.

Eventually Harry transformed into his puppy form, laying down and closing his eyes, willing himself not to cry. What was going to happen to them..?

Harry lost track of time. He didn't know how long he sat in that cell, wishing someone would take him out of that place. Crying silently to himself every moment he was awake. He spent most of his time there asleep, to maybe escape from this place..

Harry wasn't sure if he was going insane or what at this point.. The whispers that crept along the walls each day and night, and screams that echoed through the chambers.. It was enough to drive anyone mad.

Harry, in his puppy form, squeezed himself through the bars of his cell, then Sirius's. Sirius was, at the moment, curled up in his animagus form, sleeping soundlessly. Harry silently crept over to his Godfather and curled up against him, laying his head down to fall asleep slowly.

Sirius woke up later on, noticing a small puppy curled up beside him. He smiled a little, leaning his head against Harry gently.

Meanwhile, Lupin and Severus were currently being informed of what happened during the trial.

"He's WHERE?" Severus says loudly, and Lupin turns away, his face in his hands. This couldn't be happening.. Sirius had already suffered enough in Azkaban... And Harry was far too young to face something of that... Extremity..

Severus came up to Lupin after the people left, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We can fix this." He says.

"Maybe we can.." Lupin says quietly. "But can we in time..?" Severus looked at him strangely. "What do you mean by that?"

Lupin turned quickly, far too quickly for Severus's liking, and grasped his shoulders with his hands. He looked like a mad man, but.. He was just scared. Terrified, even. "People go mad in there, Severus. Sirius has suffered enough, and Harry surely can't handle something that extreme. We have to do something to get them out of there!"

Severus nods a little. "I will.. Offer to speak with them.. Perhaps they will listen to me."

Lupin looks down nodding a little. "Thank you Severus.." Snape nods simply. "I will go talk with the headmaster, then attempt to put this all to rest." Severus heads out, his cloak billowing behind him as he walked down the corridor, and up to the Gargoyle leading to Dumbledore's office.

Once he enters, he could tell that Dumbledore was clearly stressed.

"What are you upset about?" Severus snaps harshly, making Dumbledore look up from his desk. "Ah, Severus.. I expected you here eventually.." Severus's eyes narrowed. "I assume you have heard the news?"