Requested Josh Dun x Reader

I groan as I hear my phone blowing up from notifications. I rub my tired eyes and roll over, only to be met by Josh's thigh, he had already been up.

"Oh no, god this is all my fault I should've been more careful," Josh mumbles rubbing his hand across his forehead.

"What Joshy? What happened? What's wrong?" I ask waking up in an instant, I sat up and looked him in the eye, my shirt falling lazily to one shoulder.

Josh's eyes seemed to melt at the sight of me, but I couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"Oh god, Y/n I'm so sorry, I knew you wanted to keep the relationship private, I shouldn't have been so reckless," I still look at him confused. Then it hits me.

We were out shopping yesterday. My phone is blowing up with notifications. Josh is already up, scrolling through Twitter.

"Let me see it," I choke out, needing to know how obvious it is. Then it all crashes down.

I look at the faces staring back at me, I'm leaning on Josh's shoulder, laughing at something while drinking tea, and Josh is looking down at me, smirking while planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh god no, Josh how could've I been so blind, we were in the mall, of course one of your fans would be there," I gush out, I feel a weight begin to sink deeper into my stomach, "Josh what if they hate me!"

Trigger warning here

All of the negative outcomes come rushing through my head like a dam that was just demolished. I feel my breathing become rapid and the room starts to spin. I feel sick, clammy and light headed, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me into a lap. Josh's lap. I feel vibrations on my back and tiny nothings in my ear. I slowly come to my senses and melt into his touch, savoring the feeling of his beloved warmth.

"Babygirl, it's gonna be okay, they'll love you and if they don't support us they aren't real fans, real fans stick with bands through changes and through darkness, who cares what they think because I have you, and you have me, you understand?" I nod at Josh's gentle speech, I fall back into his arms, resting my head on his shoulder, matching my breathing to his.

"We'll be okay."

A/n so shout out to @NeuroticChic666 for the suggestion, I hope you liked it even though it's short. And I'll see y'all's sometime. Bye