(4)

Chapter 4 

Brook William's POV

"W-why are you smiling?"

"No reason." His eyes met something behind me and his grin expanded. I turned around to and almost died at the sight I saw.

Peeping in from the window was a small, scrawny boy with fiery red hair.

...

Lucas Regan's POV

She was a vixen. I'd never seen anything like her. Curvy, voluptuous, she looked so perfect in his arms. The way Harry looked at her with those beautiful ocean blue eyes.

... I would do anything to get him to look at me like that. 

As I peeked in through the window, a fit of burning jealousy rose within me. I've had a crush on Harry Johnson since the beginning of time, hoping one day he would finally take notice of me. Who would have thought, I'd lose him to, none other than, my English teacher!

Explain to me how that made sense? I mean, I wasn't ugly. Sure I was skinny and a redhead but I've been told I had a desirable babyface.

 I've had other guys at our school approach me however, I've turned them all down. I was waiting for that special someone to sweep me off my feet and ride off into the sunset. That person was Harry. He was the only guy I've ever wanted so bad that it hurts.

I was willing to do whatever it took to get him.

As if he'd heard me, Harry's eyes suddenly shifted to where I stood outside the window. My body stiffened and my breathing stopped. He was looking at me, he was actually looking at me!

All my hopes came crashing down when Miss Willams turns around also. My shoulders slumped. I pulled my hoodie over my head and walked away from the window, heading home. Who was I to believe that thee Harry Johnson would ever want me?

I bet he was only into girls; he would be disgusted if he found out about my ongoing crush. 

I continued my internal abuse until I reached the bus stop and sat down on the bench. Soon after that, I heard footsteps approaching. I took no notice as the person sat down beside me.

"Hey," said the voice.

"What do you want-" I froze once I saw it was Harry. 

Why was he speaking to me? Why was he here? Did he follow me? A gazillion questions crossed my mind but the only word I managed to squeeze out was...

"Hi."

Lame, I know.

"I'm Harry, nice to meet you." he held his hand out for me to shake.

I already knew who you were, Harry. I've been following you around for years, stalking you. Attending events I wouldn't go to otherwise if it weren't for the fact that you were attending, hoping one day you'd notice me and take me as yours.

I took his hand. "I'm Lucas." We shook hands.

I had to physically pull my hand away to stop myself from holding onto him for dear life. I never wanted to let him go.

Harry looked down at his shoes, a slight pink tint dancing on his cheeks. Wait, was he embarrassed? Did I make him feel nervous?

"Lucas," He began with a strained tone. "About what you saw earlier..."

Again, like a grenade in my heart, my inner world explode and came crashing down. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I was distort. 

Stupid Lucas. Why-oh-why do you keep giving yourself false hope when you know Harry is as straight as a ruler! He was talking to you because you caught him messing around with his English teacher and he wanted to keep you quiet, not because he actually has feelings for you! Ugh, so dumb!

"Don't worry I won't tell anyone what I saw," I reassured him. "Whatever you do in your free time is your business and I won't judge you for it."

I turned away so he couldn't see the tears that were welling in my eyes. A warm hand gently squeezed shoulder, "Thanks bro, you're a real dude."

Then the hand was gone as he retreated back into the school building. Back to her. I breathed out a shaky breath before burying my face in my hands.

If only I were good enough for him.

Text copyright © used2care ™ 2015