Chapter 7

Woot! Another short chapter but im working on this one full time now since Argus von Voresha is completed. If you haven't checked that one out yet give it a chance and take a peek :) With that said lets see what Frisk is up to today. 

The house was not in horrible shape despite being empty for so long. It was a safe haven when having to traverse the ruins. Margret had taken up Toriel's position helping to usher lost souls past the evil Flowey but she didn't want any more blood on her hands she would patch the girl up and send her on her way. Hopefully if she was lucky enough and strong enough she would survive. She didn't have the heart to make her stay with her like Toriel had insisted on the first.

Margret had only been a child then taken in by Toriel herself after her parents were slaughtered for not conforming to the king she ran away to the ruins found herself lost. She had found the kind woman while she sat alone amongst the buttercups that grew down here. She had no idea of the threat of Flowey how he lurked down here, hungry for souls—looking for misery.

"My child are you lost?" the white Goat monster spoke up smiling.

"I was running from the king..."

A dark sad expression crossed the motherly face as she reached down to the tan and white splotched goat child. "No need to fear now, I shall take care of you till your parents arrive..."

"T—they told me to run—they didn't make it."

"Then you may stay with me as long as you like."

Margret wiped a tear from her face as she entered the house—it wasn't as kept up as Toriel would have liked but to Margret it was still home. She quickly ushered her to a spare room, preforming some magic to help her heal. When she was complete she scooped up the small human again and was one the move—walking towards the basement steps she took the long hallway set the girl down on the ground before the great door and lit a single candle on the wall sconce. Then rushed back upstairs making sure to lock the basement door. She didn't want the human to back track.

Frisk woke up again—now she knew she was dead. Grunting from the stiffness and cold she found on the cold stone floor she sat up again rubbing the coldness out of her arms looking around...the hell was she this time? Blinking she spied the sconce on the wall quickly, it illuminated the space—and a great door that towered over her. She sighed more confused than ever now. The door had an inscription scrawled into it—scratched by frantic hands... "The only way out is forward."

It was like she had been laid out as some sort of sacrifice. Thinking back to the jerk weed who tried to kill her she got up quickly not wanting to linger too long thinking over her healed wounds and who might have saved her bacon.... She was grateful none the less and went to the door and pressed against it—it gave as if it weighed nothing.

A blast of artic air and snow slammed her in the face. Yelping she thought better of pressing on and the door slammed back shut—she looked down at herself the sconce had almost gone out with the blast. Someone expected her to go alone into some frozen tundra with no shoes?

"Note to self if I make it out of here alive—wear shoes all the time in case of emergencies..." she grunted to herself... she grabbed the metal sconce from the wall mounting and started back the other way...she needed supplies.

She walked a long hallway—or she thought was a hallway and made it finally to a set of stairs leading up. she saw a door and climbed reaching a small landing and then tried the door's handle it was locked... "Seriously?" she growled and knocked... "Hello is anyone there?"

"You need to keep moving forward...you have to go through the door." a woman's voice came through the thick door. She sounded around her age.

"Its snowing out there—I have no coat, no shoes I will die from hypothermia!"

"I can not unlock this door—if you go through someone will help you."

"The flower said otherwise!"

"If you stay here Flowey will kill you—he will be free you can't let that happen!"

"What?"

"The only way out is forward. You need to find the castle and get through the barrier—you can't let the flower or the king steal your soul."

"Where is this barrier?"

"The king's castle at its lowest point there lies the barrier."

"You just said to stay away from the king and the weed!"

"You need to go now—I only stunned him for a while you will lose your advantage."

"Are you insane lady!"

"GO!" there was a sudden rush of water from under the door washing Frisk from the steps and back to the hard unforgiving stone floor—the light went out...

"Damnit!" this woman was not going to open the door and here she was soaked through with water again! She was going to only have minutes out in the snow instead of an hour to die of cold. Angry she got up her pride and determination wounded as she wandered to a wall blind and followed it back towards the door.

Pushing it back open she took the plunge the cold making her want to curl up and die...

Well there you have it... Will Frisk perish in the snow or will a certain skeleton happen upon her? Stay tuned and find out!  Oh and like i said before this story is a different take on the Undertale so events migth happen out or order or not at all. Sepends on the author! Muhahah!