Chapter 12

enjoy the chapter :) 

Flowey popped back up in the king's chambers—his eyes had healed mostly but still held some damage enough for the king to see.

"You tangled with the human?"

"Your royal guardsman is worthless." He used a thorn tipped vine to rub his eye spying some blood he had shed from the vile human. "I decided to go after her myself—this is why I prefer to go after children..."

"Undyne had ties with my mother—no need to worry, the human is coming towards the castle no doubt Sans told her where the portal lies between our worlds..."

"We need to take her now before she can gain anymore help—or strength."

"Do what you wish Flowey you have for years in your dark harvest. I left that deed to you so I can focus on gathering you pain and misery to keep you alive. Plot my revenge on the human race—and the glorious future for all monster kind when we overthrow the humans above."

"I will keep Undyne on the right path then." He growled and slipped down between the cracks of the stone floor..."Incompetence—blinded by his aspiration for revenge on a race that no longer believe in his kind—" He hissed crawling through the soil, mumbling to himself, on his quest looking for Undyne.

~*~*~

Frisk was really—starting to get sick of being knocked out every five minutes. She growled this time sitting up the pain in her shoulder was gone...and her leg while sore felt a hundred time better. She had a slight headache as she covered her eyes possibly a migraine.

"Got a good growl for a human...but maybe adults develop a growl?" an elderly voice shot up in the candle lit room she was residing in. various shelves darted the room filled with all sorts of knick-knacks.

Her eyes settled a moment later on the figure sitting in a wooden chair smirking at her. he looked like a giant turtle...Senior Mutant Ninja Turtle came to mind as she gave her own smirk at her mental joke. "S-sorry for the—growl. It's just that I have had one hell of a day—at least I think it's been a day."

"Who knows for sure? Time spans are different down here. Names Gerson. I have some interesting junk for sale if you are interested."

"I—uh have no money unfortunately..." she blinked a little shocked the old turtle that saved her dressed suspiciously like some explorer with a pith helmet and tan colored vest was trying to hock off some of his goods to her.

"Pity. Seems you tangled with Flowey the little terror that belongs to the King."

"belongs to?" she paled if that little so and so was only a minion of the king she had no chance of getting past him and out of here."

"You have quite the journey ahead of you." Gerson smiled. "I treated the poison he had in you—next time avoid his vines."

"Thanks—I will remember that next time."

"A magic spear to your shoulder I know that belongs to Undyne... seems she was sent after you then. She is a highly skilled tracker."

"Guess you are telling me I need to be worried."

"No, just cautious." The turtle chuckled. "Normally human children are taken down here, it surprises me one so old is here."

"Old?" she frowned watching him across the room as he chuckled. "No disrespect of course all is young to me."

"Can you tell me about this weird place then?"

"What is weird to you is normal here for us...there is much to tell and not enough time to tell it. But I will tell you the king's soul is blackened by the power and influence of Flowey the little creature you tangled with. He seeks release into the human world and both seek revenge on your people. You are the last soul the creature needs to escape the prison he has been entombed in."

"Who is this Flowey—monsters say he is a demon. Where did he come from?"

"I was there that day—we were exploring the caves of our new home getting settled and expanding outward for our numbers to settle in. what we discovered was a tiny tomb blue echo flowers resided by it lighting it in a somber manner. I wanted the others to leave it be and to move on but the youth was curious and spoke of strange carvings on its surface. When he touched it..." the old turtle sighed shaking his head. Eyes closed he stroked the bead on his chin then continued. "Much like Pandora's Box what was unleased was everything negative in the world. A soul emerged—painted black and shriveled it lashed out draining the very magic from the one foolish enough to open its tomb. The monster was sent to dust as the being invaded an echo flower as it changed and morphed into the beast you see today.

It feeds off pain and misery shortly after its awakening and disappearing that day—things down here started to take a turn for the worse... the Queen fled and the king was killed Prince Asriel took over the thrown and has ruled with an iron claw. Everything we have held dear to us has been destroyed—and he said he can save us from the ones who chased us down here by taking the souls of children."

"Why do you help me then? When you could turn me over to them and get your freedom."

"Because I believe that there is another way to seek freedom."

She nodded. "I'm Frisk by the way."

"Gerson."

"I look forward to my freedom one day—once you leave my shop keep moving forward. Take the walkways into Hotland. There your journey will become more difficult." He warned her as he got up and went towards the door.

Sorry short chapter this time. I will try and get a longer one put together for next week :)