Chapter 17

Like I promised I posted today! Yay me. I hope you enjoy this chapter we are starting to come to a close on this short story :) 

Having your soul torn from your chest is a novel sensation—having that tie between you and your soul broken is something else entirely...

The soul extractor was a merciless deviant—it didn't care if you were screaming your head off making all sorts of pleas and deals with the wind—it was soulless and set to a task no matter how hard someone screamed. How much fight was left in them—it did its job and it did it well... but the operator had to endure a lot—had to listen to those screams—cringe at the pleas and begs for mercy—had to endure it all for the soul that was being extracted. Frisk knew she didn't make it easy on Alphys as she was shoved into the extractor—as she woke up from the beating Mettaton the death dealing robot handed her.

That she had been somewhat conscious when she was drug into the kings chambers—how she felt the darkness on him—radiating off him like a sour stink. Being apart from her mortal shell was unnerving—sucked into a series of tubes that deposited her or what in essence was her into a canister—her soul shinned red—she was aware there were others—quiet but still there—she felt other colors other traits wafting towards her...she felt curiosity, fear, and resignation...some were giving up...

/Can't give up.../ she kept telling herself she couldn't give up. They seemed to respond to her determination...

"F—Flowey what are you doing down here?"

"I came to see the souls silly—too bad I was late I wanted to see the look on Frisk's face when her soul was torn from her body—no matter I see her now... such a lovely shade of red."

"K-king Asriel said the—the souls were after the executions."

"Aww—pity I see you are upset—Undyne is in the mix, you let me have them early and I will make sure that Undyne is safe from the kings wrath."

"W—what?" Alphys's eyes shone brightly with hope—oh how delicious.

"I know you two have some history—that you love her. I don't see the harm of letting one of them slip through the kings grasp... you just have to let me have the souls."

"Done."

/NO!/

Flowey turned to the red soul as if hearing her a smile spread across his face as Alphys unlocked the first canister—Flowey snatched the soul and popped it into his mouth like a piece of candy. Each soul he devoured—each scream she heard from it the brighter she grew in color, lighting the dark laboratory in hot red—he was going to pay.

Alphys realized her mistake too late as the flower grew more powerful—tearing from its mortal shell—a monstrous demon emerged, the vines grew to the size of tree trunks stained black the thorns more like red horns, its leaved morphed into muscular arms—shoulders crowned with the same horns—flesh stained black with sickly green veins pulsed under the skin. Its body swelled to a grotesque tangle of vines—seeping the green blood from its red tipped horns—the petals wilted and turned black the face took on a demonic maw—a thousand rows of teeth in an infinite ever shifting smile, four blood stained eyes appeared over the gaping maw, before Alphys had the chance to unlock Frisk's chamber the creature swallowed it whole crushing the canister in its toothy jaws. She screamed out.

~*~*~*

Just like that she sat up in bed in a cold sweat---the hell had just happened—the sound of thunder and lightning caused her to startle. She was back in the house—

"I—it was just a nightmare?" she rubbed her face. "I need to stop writing so late at night." She grabbed her clock by her pallet and read the time... three AM. Damn. What an hour to be woken up by a demon dream. She chuckled and looked around. She needed some water. She slipped out of her bed and walked towards the bathroom—it seemed to take a bit to get there—a bit longer than normal. She paid it no mind.

Taking care of business she walked out a few minutes later and saw a girl standing in the middle of the room—she was a ghost. She blinked. "Wow you finally decided to show yourself."

"Frisk you are in danger—you have to wake up." the being looked oddly familiar to her—like she had seen her before in old pictures of a faint memory.

"I am awake."

"No you are not Frisk...you can't let him win...I was wrong you have to wake up."

"Let who win?" her dream was fading fast like dreams tend to do after waking from them. Names and events were blurry—she had no idea what this ghost was saying. Or why she was this calm speaking with a ghost.

"You don't have much time left Frisk... wake up."

"I am awake—I'm in my own home looking at a ghost for some—odd reason." She squinted.

"Damnit Frisk—" she rushed forward grabbing her wrist her hand oddly real and tangible...she was shocked at her strength as she yanked her towards the now open door—when had that happened. She expected to see the grass the front porch—the rain pelting the surfaces outside in a hard rain...what she saw was nothing...she saw a void.

"The hell..."

"Get out there and save them... Flowey stole Asriel's form—he has attached to his soul... you need to save them all!"

She didn't get to respond to this madness as she was shoved outside. She screamed as the blackness wrapped around her threatening to swallow her up—its grip was like a vice as she struggled it seemed to strengthen.

Asriel was about to bring down his judgement on the four who went against him when the floor below them all suddenly opened up like a maw—they fell screaming as the creature that burst from the chambers below started to invade their king—transforming him into a demonic mixture of what had been Flowey and Asriel—the black clad demon's power swelled as the barrier snapped—and set free the demon on the town below the hill.

Alright so here we go, leave a comment, vote, or both I don't judge :) I would love to hear from you.  Stay tuned more to come!