Chapter 18

I hope this is a longer chapter. Making up for being gone a week because of stuff. I hope you enjoy :) Were coming to the end of another book, wow these seems to go by fast. (Don't mind the German word spelling. they always look a but funky.) 

Hell broke loose that night—the town was descended upon by all manners of monsters that were tormented by green vines with thorns—led by the spearhead of it all the massive creature that looked like nightmares manifested. Made of shadow and misery it lashed out with power so great the sleepy town had no means of stopping it. It flowed like the rancid waters of hell itself—washing away all life in its wake...

It boiled up out of the earth like ants leaving the nest. Every monster was employed by Seelenfresser the soul eater.

"Frisk hurry!" Chara yelled from the house as she started to wake from the terror that was the darkness.

The first person she found in the darkness was a girl baking pies—the smell was heavenly but she had to focus.. focus Frisk.

The girl looked alarmed blinked in her apron at the sudden newcomer to her kitchen. "Uh who are you?" she blinked she might be around ten or so—maybe twelve.

"M—my name is Frisk I'm here to help you...well I need your help really—"

"M—my help—I'm sorry but I am busy here, I have a lot of work to do. Toriel needs help with the pies." She smiled nodding back to a white goat woman in a purple dress she smiled warmly.

"Hello you must be here to help out right?"

"Sorry Toriel I wish I could stay—but I need to borrow your helper for a bit."

"Oh—such a shame I need help with the pies."

"I'm here to help you get home."

"H—home?" the girl seemed distraught as if she had forgotten it till now. "M—mom—Dad?"

Toriel looked upset but surprisingly did not move to aid her charge. "Yes I'm here to take you home but I need you to take my hand and come with me... we have a few others to collect.

They stepped out of the kitchen and were surrounded by black again—focus Frisk focus! She turned to see the weight of the girl with her was miniscule—gasping she saw a simple green heart shining brightly the color faded to white and shot into her. The apron she was wearing fluttered away. What was this? she grabbed it anyhow—it felt important.

Frisk had no idea where she landed next but she felt an strong sense of calm—before her spread a clearing with a still pond—trees spread behind her, the smell of grass was strong—it reminded her of summers at her childhood home where she spent all day out in the fields behind the house—looking for grasshoppers and spending time in the warm embrace of the sun.

She saw another girl sitting patiently on a fallen log by the water looking into its glass like surface. She was dressed in a pink dress along the same age as the girl before her and one thing that caught her eyes was the pink ribbon in her hair. She had no idea their names which made this difficult to talk to any of them.

"Um—hello." She called as she got near the girl who looked up and seemed to brighten up. her eyes shone the color of the sky.

"Oh hi I have been waiting for someone to show up—been waiting a long time."

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Frisk sat down next to her on the log as she smiled.

"It doesn't matter—you are the seventh soul right?"

"So I have been told." Frisk deadpanned.

"I guess if were meeting like this then that means something happened...Here take this." she untied her hair and let lose a cascade of golden locks. "I don't need it anymore." With that the form of the girl faded and all that was left was a light blue heart that faded white and zipped into much like the first had. He winced... wow that was such a strange feeling... the calm scene faded away leaving her in the dark again...