Chapter 13

Alright new chapter. enjoy guys.  :) 

"Undyne is on her way here slip out the back make haste." He then was gone. She never got to tell him thank you or anything. She listened to him and quickly slipped out the back like he told her. Head for the walkways head for the walkways.

It took her a few moments to figure it out but she located them she wasn't two steps down the cavern when she heard Undyne.

"Stop human filth!" she snarled as she spun around to see the angry armored fish lady—damnit she wished she had some sort of weapon. Gritting her teeth she ran she had no time to deal with can-o-tuna right now.

Flowey was right behind them, having stopped at Gerson first to pay the old turtle a visit... he wanted to try a different tactic with the human...maybe deal with Undyne while he was at it...

Frisk scrambled up on the walkways that seemed a maze of confusion whoever built there were either drunk or our very bored—possibly both, it was a product of an idle mind with nothing to do but keep building—the walkway twisted and went over itself turning and weaving into a confusing cacophony she had no idea if she could traverse at high speeds with shark bite behind her...wait—she stopped not hearing any additional footfalls behind her and froze had frisk given her the slip already?

The only thing she could hear right now was the sound of her heartbeat in her ears and the heavy breathing from the run...the pain in her leg was growing a bit worse from the jarring of the run but she a strange blue light suddenly appeared under her feet—weird the same color as those things...

She didn't have time to finish as a spear suddenly shot up between her feet to run her through in a horrible rendition of Vlad the Impaler. She screamed out scrambling back as the tip of the spear dug into her cheek leaving a shallow path. She fell to her ass cursing her luck as she saw more of the blue circles appear and scrambled up—one shot up by her hand while on her hands and knees and another one close to her face on the other side. She was up and gone like a shot blindly as Undyne perused her from below—these damn walkways!

She was only given a second to react when she saw the blue circles at her feet a half dozen at a time were tossed up from below. The wooden walkways started to look like Swiss cheese and she knew were losing their integrity. She was either going to get skewered or this whole walkway was going to collapse.

She tripped a second later missing the green vine that did her damage before and as she turned to look back to see what happened she saw a knife laying in the middle of the walkway...long blade, sturdy looking handle...forged not pressed metal it would be stronger hold up to more...she snatched it as she got to her feet and missed being run through by multiple spears.

As she was distracted in avoiding those Undyne jumped onto her level of the walkway spear in hand blocking her entrance into hotland—shit she had been very close. So flipping close if she would have left the knife where it was when she tripped she would have been able to make it. she didn't realize she was that flipping close!

"You have been nothing but trouble." She growled.

Frisk stood up wiping the blood from her cheek into her sleeve. "You are in my way..."

"You're not going anywhere."

"I'm going home." she growled.

"You are going to die so we can be free."

"There has to be another way."

"There isn't—"

Frisk sighed gripping the handle of the knife tighter. "I don't want to do this—I don't want to fight I want to go home."

"the time to talk is over, you need to die so we all can live—"

"Answer me one thing first."

"What?"

"What happened to Sans and Papyrus... you didn't hurt them did you?"

"They were both dealt with."

"If you killed them..."

"That's the least of your concerns right now." she charged.

Frisk has no skills in fighting, sure she had seen enough TV and movies to think she had a clue—hell even some video games but this right now was far from a game. She somehow sidestepped the tuna can and lashed out with the knife hitting armor—a flash of spark and clank of metal on metal she spun around to face Undyne again.

"Brave..."

"You think huh?" with that Frisk took off since Undyne had kindly stepped out of the way...

"WHERE IS YOUR HONOR!?"

"Don't have any!" she laughed and rushed on faster. Spears shot past her—serpentine! Serpentine! Frisk screamed in her head. Soon the air became hot and dry— uncomfortable. The sweat continued from excursion to purely from the heat. She turned about twenty steps in to see Undyne falter... "Fish out of water." She spoke with a smirk. She could be wrong and this tuna can could keep fish lady hydrated or it could backfire and boil her alive.

She kept backing up on the narrow path to where it widened out keeping her eye on Undyne as she started to steam... being cooked in her own juices it seemed. Her smirk darkened... well that was easy to take care of. She stopped and saw of all things a watercooler to her right... what the what? She blinked a few times at it---the water inside wasn't boiling... it was cool she could see the sweat collecting on the outside but somehow it stayed cold and fresh.

"Wish you had some water huh?" she poked the bear or shark... as she walked over easily and took a paper cup and filled it with water taking a drink and allowing herself time to gloat and catch her breath.

"I will destroy you—filthy human!"

"Big words from a fish stick."

She defiantly took a step towards Frisk who was now leaning on the watercooler watching her with a calculated look...if anything Frisk could retreat deeper into hotland leaving fish stick to fry. Wait that was horrible to think of...she shook her head and looked down at the blade—what happened to have it left on the walkway like this? And why had she tripped? She would have seen that before eating it to almost be skewered. Something was up...

Undyne growled in response to being called a fish stick and collapsed to her hands and knees... Frisk felt bad she was just watching someone suffer like this when obviously she could help. But that would result in getting herself killed. She took a few steps towards a struggling Undyne as she glared at her ripping off the helmet as it clattered away. "Vile disgusting creature."

"Feeling is mutual." She grunted still unsure of where her mind was going her hand still gripped the knife harder in her hand. "I didn't ask to be down here, I was drug kicking and screaming."

Tried to make this chapter a little longer than last time. don't forget to vote or leave a comment. More coming soon so stay tuned.