Chapter 15

New Chapter up I hope you guys enjoy. feel free to ask any questions or post a comment. please vote if you enjoyed the story :) 

Hotland was well hot—sweltering really—everywhere she looked were rickety looking paths surrounded by lava and heavy steam pipes that spewed and hissed at her at every turn. At least it kept the humidity up—kept her from drying out like fish lips—but it was practically cooking her alive—she had to traverse a long maze of steam pipes—lifts and elevators out the wazoo it seemed like this place was designed to be confusing—she avoided monsters the whole way as they toiled with the pipes and lifts it seemed the place was in a constant state of repair of building.

She looked from her perch on some steaming pipes minding her feet in the thin shoes Sans provided her—they were practically melting. She spied a large form in the distance in the direction she was heading it wasn't a castle but it looked more like some sort of research facility—maybe what was using all this steam?

Waiting for her chance to slip down into the hot soil below she kept still till two monsters chatting in hushed whispers. They were talking about her of course and getting away from Captain Undyne.

"Did you hear?"

"No what?" the second spit pulling up his overalls.

"A human fell down here—but it's not a child—it was an adult and they have been wreaking havoc in their wake." He started tossing his tools back into the beat up red metal tool box.

"What—an adult human fell down here?"

"Captain Undyne was sent to collect the creature but has failed—they were sent to the king for punishment. There all collected in the dungeon—"

"What do you mean all?"

"Anyone who has aided the human are being collected and are going to be publicly executed... I heard Papyrus and Sans are among some of them—Gearson and now Undyne."

"The old turtle from Waterfall—he helped the human?" that was so unlike him.

"I know—we have to report if we see the human." They were heading away from Frisk now as she leapt from her perch and hit the ground the hiss of steam and clanking of pipes prevented them from hearing her land. She looked around keeping an eye out for people who might have saw her and headed towards the facility—she had to go through it—she didn't have a choice it was so massive it took up the entire path.. it should be easy thought. Just a straight shot through right?

She walked right up to the door with no issues...this seemed a bit too easy. Her curiosity and suspension peaked she walked in—she wasn't two steps in the door when the place went on lockdown.. Figures. She took the knife from her belt loop and held it at the ready... just another obstacle Frisk—you can do this... alarms and flashing red lights dominated her vision and hearing till a timid voice came over the intercom.

"Y—you have nowhere to run—I already c—called the king!"

"So who am I talking to—I am guessing you have the place wired for video and audio I hope?"

"Uh—h—how did you know that."

"You are a technician or a scientist I guess... you got to be into the tech stuff right? Can you at least turn off the sirens?" she asked coving her ears—so much for her headache going away anytime soon. "Look I just want to pass through—I don't want to fight or hurt anyone I promise, I just want to go home!"

"You can't leave the king wants you—" the sirens and lights died down—she was now in white artificial light so much better for her aching head.

"That's where I am heading to the King." Frisk spoke up to the ceiling.

"I—I don't believe you—you are here to d-destroy our means of getting home!"

"No I am not—the weed is lying just like I told Undyne..."

"I saw what you did—y—you saved her..."

"So you have cameras all over then?"

"I do—to search for humans."

"If the weed can sense souls why would you need to monitor where people are?"

"I have to—I ha—have to know."

"Then I guess you are ordered by the king to watch people? How far out do your cameras go?"

"T—that's none of your bu—business."

"Did you see me come out of the ruins? Did you see me in waterfall?" if she had why hadn't she sounded the alarm sooner—it was more like she was worried about other things coming towards her. "Are you looking for the weed?" was she worried about him coming for her?

"S—Stop it!"

"Alright what is your name?"

"A-Alphys."

"That's a pretty name." she looked around the room it was in a state—what looked like cup o ramen was strewn everywhere she even saw old anime DVDs hanging around some of them she had seen before and others were so obscure they must have come out after she stopped watching them. It gave her a bit of nostalgia. "Wow you have a lot of anime... I take it you are an otaku?"

"W—what are you doing don't touch those!"

"Wow I haven't seen these in a long time—never heard of this one." she picked them up off her work space and avoided the trash. "I remember my Ramen days." How did they even get this sort of thing down here? it didn't make any sense.

"Y—you watched Anime and a—ate Ramen?"

"Shoot who doesn't? she smiled up at the ceiling hoping she was looking at a camera...maybe if she seemed relatable the monster would let her keep moving towards the castle. Either way she was heading there now.

"T—they said you were a monster—that you hurt a lot of people."

"Me?" she looked to the knife in her hand a sighed. "I can see where you would think that. but I haven't hurt anyone. I saved Undyne from falling to her death when Flowey shoved her over the edge—he has been a thorn in my side since I got here—been trying to kill me left and right." she tossed the blade aside. "I just want to go home... and I want to help."

"T—they told me you would s—say that... I can't be swayed."

"Look you have cameras all over underground you have seen for yourself what I have done. The only thing I have been trying to do is get you guys off your rears and fight against this demon."

"I—I can't l—let you go I have to s—stop you."

Frisk jumped away from what looked like a garage door that started to open... shit what was this? and she had already tossed her blade aside. Taking a few steps back a clunky robot puttered through...

"Well hello darling..."

"Shit."

Woohoo more coming up soon so stay tuned. :)