Chapter 8

Merry Christmas! or at least it will be in a few days...I won't be posting anything till after the new year so enjoy this chapter! 

He had been watching this door for what felt like centuries. Supposed to capture any human that came through and drag them to the king—but he didn't care about what the king wanted King Asriel was the definition of trash. He killed his own father to ascend the throne—Toriel had come to Sans and the rest of his friends to speak of her concerns shortly after the incident when Asriel started to go down the wrong path—the kid was moody even on a good day and as he got older in his teens something happened...that's when he killed Asgore—and Toriel disappeared. Couldn't handle what her son had become most likely, even with her absence Sans and the rest she confided in kept her promise to help anyone who fell down here to get out.

They had tried—but every time they failed. He dreaded the thought if another human fell to their doom down here. ushering them towards the exit was no good—hiding them from Asriel and Flowey had been hopeless...he had considered killing them—but these kids were innocent and it wasn't easy to look into a scared kids face and think I got to kill this kid to save them...

Papyrus on the other hand was a little more eager to please despite his promise to Toriel, though Asriel had not promised him anything with bringing him a child most monsters down here kept an eye out—the king loved misery it was better if you followed along then defy him.. Sans was never the type to follow those sorts of rules. So monsters were kept in misery wanting death yet receiving none...the damn king seemed to thrive off it. The flower his constant minion.

So here he was now walking the snowy path in the middle of the forest towards the great doors that lead to the ruins—the exit to the ruins more likely, the main if not the only entry point for humans to come into the underground. Into death. He had received a call from Alphys warning him she saw the doors open.

Frisk was practically blue—rushing on blindly as the snow picked up—snow up past her ankles she couldn't feel her feet anymore—the wet clothing had frozen to her body as she uncontrollably shivered. Her muscles were stiff and her joints achy. She wanted to stop and rest but knew it was a death sentence if she did... keep going forward the only way out is forward. She kept saying it in her mind...her teeth were chattering too loudly to get any words out...

Sans found her pretty easily—the amount of noise she was making was practically crashing with her bumbling and stumbling from cold. He teleported behind her his sense of urgency nonexistent to seeing her state.

Frisk finally dropped to her knees letting the cold sink in—the nasty artic bite into her soaked jeans and knees. She was ready to give up—she gave it the good fight—raising her head slightly she saw all the sentinel pine trees watching over her in silent judgement ready to watch her die... watching the white flakes of snow that would soon covered her frost bitten corpse. She sighed letting a cloud of steam condense in the weird calm that was taking over the scene from blizzard to gentle downfall.

She was about to allow herself to pitch forward when she heard the loud deafening snap of a branch relative to the silence that surrounded her. Her head jerked up as someone walked up behind her.

"Hey how's it going?"

"Who—"

"I'm Sans—Sans the skeleton." Before her stood a skeleton clad in basketball shorts, a white shirt, blue hoodie with a fur trim, and sneakers...a grin took up most of his face eyes empty sockets with two pin pricks of white light in them serving as pupils...

She didn't answer him or move when he walked around to face her, hand extended for a shake. "Wow—no reason to give me the cold shoulder kid."

She was looking at a skeleton, a humanoid skeleton—she knew she was dead now. "I'm dead."