Chapter 9

Woo hoo last posting of 2017! this year has gone by fast... Anywho enjoy! post a comment vote! :D New Years is right around the corner time for crazy parties :P 

Flowey appeared next to the kings feet as the dark brooding goat monster glared out into an empty throne room.

"Seems like the last soul we need is down here—might want to send the guards out on full alert looking for her."

"A soul you say?" the deep voice echoed the chamber. "Excellent..."

"Finding her alive and letting me deal with her would be the most favorable outcome, I don't like consuming dead souls...I like them fresh and still vibrant."

"Understood..."

"You will be rewarded for your patience... I will be able to bring Chara back to you—finally have the last piece to this puzzle."

"For your sake I hope you are not lying Flowey."

"Why would I lie to you...I thought we were friends Asriel."

When the king said nothing the flower dunked back into the ground as the king's voice rumbled through the hall calling for his strongest guardsman... Undyne.

Undyne even though she despised the king she was working with him...she hated what he was doing but he assured her that these souls would help heal him from the infliction he suffered and the free them of their underground prison.

When she was summoned it took her only moments to break away and show up in the throne room. She knelt the second her eye met his soulless black ones.

"Undyne another soul has made itself know—go fetch it for me."

"As you wish your highness." She got up and removed herself from the throne room knowing if she lingered too long the king might inflict some sort of pain on her. He was provoked by the slightest of things.

Toriel had come to her a long time ago—before she fled and before the king was killed and begged her to take care of her son, she was shocked and confused at what she meant—the future king had become brooding and moody but she wasn't sure what threat Toriel was hinting at. Undyne gave her word that she would protect the future king no matter what and the queen seemed satisfied with her answer. The topic was never brought up again.

Then the unthinkable happened—soon after her vow and Undyne curious to the Queen's secret outings to meet with several of her close confidants; disappeared and the king was killed—in his place Asriel became king, cruel and demonic in his own right he ruled the citizens of the underground with an iron claw...he was not above slaughtering the innocent, and torturing the weak. Undyne hated him—but she had sworn his protection...and she had to give it.

His aid or aside whatever you wanted to call "it" was a yellow flower who went by Flowey. Undyne despised this creature more—neither monster, nor magic made... the creature was two faced—egging Asriel on when the king was in a foul mood—caused a lot of strife and pain when the king was giving judgement or in council with a citizen. It was almost as if the flower was in charge...

In battle armor Undyne prepared to grab another soul for the king—he preferred them alive but it all depended on the soul itself. Most tried to flee a few had tried to fight back...a soul alive or ripped from the body of a human was the same in her book—it annoyed the Flowey and she was not above jabbing the damn thing.

Checking her spear she headed to the honing wheel to sharpen the edges.

~*~*~*~

"Sans I am home!" Papyrus shouted as he entered the house the sound of the door banging against the wall startled Frisk as she froze in place... "You are not Sans... who are you?"