35) Love

A/N: After taking a long break from writing (it wasn't intentional) I realized how much I missed it.

Sometimes (Lol, let's be real it's ALL THE TIME) stories and characters can give you so much more happiness that real life ever can.

That being said, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!! (ik I'm late, forgive me? XD)

°☆ °☆。°☆。°☆

Jungkook stared at place the blond had stood just a few seconds ago. He had just disappeared into thin air with a simultaneous booming thunder in the skies.

The brunet yelled out in frustration. Not only had he lost the angel but also the girl that was his mission.

A faint emotion bubbled in his chest - disappointment.

He began to retrace his steps back onto the highway after notifying Yoongi of what had happened.

As he walked through the forest for some reason he felt that disappointment grow further, until it felt like he was physically hurt.

The dark haired boy tried ignoring it, a failed mission caused him disappointment for sure, but not to this extent.

There wasn't any reason for him to feel this hurt, there wasn't any reason for him to feel like all the pain he inflicted on the blond angel, one of the enemy, was hurting him a thousand times more.

He didn't realize he was crying till his vision blurred and hot trails of tears ran down his cheeks, he didn't realize his knees had buckled till he felt the impact of the forest floor against his knees.

But most of all he didn't understand why he whispered a soft apology to the winds around him, hoping it would take his words to the reason he was in this pain.

°☆ °☆。°☆。°☆

Taehyung gasped in pain as the archangel pressed his hand over the wound on his shoulder and whispered a blessing.

The heat that flared on his shoulder made him wince, but almost immediately as it came it was gone, and rather replaced by a comforting warmth.

"I'm so proud of you, Tae. You were so brave." Jin whispered soothingly as he brushed the hair out of the blond's eyes.

"No, I wasn't. I failed you all." Taehyung mumbled, letting a tear fall on the pillow his head was rested on.

"Nonsense, you did me proud." Jin reassured, repeating the same procedure for the wounds on the boy's back.

"I fell in love with him, Jin hyung. I got too attached, I did everything I wasn't supposed too." The blond said closing his eyes, wishing all of this was just a bad dream. "Everything in this world is so terrible. Why is there so much bad?"

The pink-haired angel gave the boy a pained smile. "I wish I knew, Tae. If we knew we would probably be able to prevent so many lives that turn dark."

"I thought he loved me too." Taehyung whispered, more to himself.

Jin felt his heart ache at the sight of the boy, of the pain he was in, more emotionally than physically.

"-But now he doesn't even remember me."

"Love is.." Jin trailed off trying to find the right words.

"Love, in this world is a very complicated emotion, Tae. Since humans are so complex, so inconsistent, love is an emotion that ends up being even more volatile than most, because it promises happiness but almost never comes through." Jin sighed.