40) Winter Morning

I love reading all your comments! 💖

You guys are so funny and a lot of you are paying close attention to the little things I'm writing that may/may not be major plot points, and I'm shook.

°☆。°☆   °☆。°☆

Taehyung stood at the end of the alleyway, arms folded, waiting.

The street lights were flickering and the roads were still wet from the light drizzle that had fallen a few hours back.

"You took your time." The blond stated as he noticed something moving in the shadows.

The demon stepped into the light with a smile.

"I had to make sure this wasn't a trap."

He looked the same and yet so different.

The same features that Taehyung knew too well, but now with a shadow of something dark, the same annoying yet endearing smirk, but now it held no warmth.

The same dark eyes, but now they seemed lifeless and cold.

Taehyung scoffed. "Sure, because it's angels doing the back-stabbing and betraying." He said sarcastically.

Jungkook shrugged, slipping his hands into the pockets of his dark jeans.
"Can't be too careful, especially since you aren't any normal angel, are you, Tae?"

Taehyung fisted his hands.

Every second of this hurt.

The fact that Jungkook, the same Jungkook he fell in love with now was someone else entirely and hated him.

Maybe the brunet had forgotten all their time together, but Taehyung hadn't.

It was still as fresh as dew on the petals of flowers on a winter morning.

He was pretending to be unaffected and stoic with every thing he had, he only hoped that the demon couldn't see through it;

But something about the confidence in the brunet's smirk said otherwise.

"What do you want to talk about?" Taehyung asked coldly. "Whatever it is make it quick, I don't have time for speaking with the likes of you."

As Jungkook took a step closer, Taehyung took a step back.

"That really hurts, you know?" Jungkook said, placing a hand on his chest, walking closer. "Especially since we used to have so much fun together."

Taehyung drew out his sword, bringing the demon to a halt.

The blade was glowing gold, indicative of the angel's power.

The demon tilted his head to the side, studying the weapon that was held a hair's breadth in front of his chest with amusement.

"Impressive. That's quite a long sword you got there." The demon said, flashing the blond a dashing smile.

"-But you should come over sometime and see mine. It's longer."