43) Demon's Deal (End)

°☆。°☆   °☆。°☆

"I'm disappointed in you." Jin chided as he placed another satin cloth dipped in ambrosia on the angel's chest.

Hoseok gasped in pain.

"I'm sorry."

"No, you aren't." Jin retorted. "It wouldn't be this bad if you regretted it." The arch angel shook his head as he studied the taints on the angel's skin.

"He wouldn't have told us anything anyway. I know him." Hoseok said after a while.

Jin sighed. "How am I supposed to deal with all my angels falling in love with demons?

I feel like a helpless parent. I try to warn you about them, but none of you seem to listen."

Hoseok gave the archangel a sad smile. "But I'm not in love with him. If I was I would have started falling."

Jin hummed, turning over another satin bandage. "You're not in love with him, but you do love him, don't you?"

The angel looked away, swallowing the lump building in his throat.

"Does it bother you that he is with Jimin?" Jin asked, cautiously, but out of concern.

The orange haired boy thought about it for a little while before answering.

"No, it doesn't. Yoongi needs someone who is willing to give up everything for him, to believe in him completely and without a doubt without expecting anything in return.

And I'm not that person."

Jin nodded, understanding. "I may have been harsh with you about it, but I hope you know that it is because I care about you."

Hoseok smiled at the older weakly "I do."

"Go to sleep now, get some rest and heal yourself." Jin said, patting the angel's shoulder.

He then closed the curtains and left the room, shutting the door behind him.

The archangel startled at the sight of Taehyung sitting, casually on the floor outside the room, back against the wall and hand resting on one leg that was drawn in.

"That's it?" Taehyung asked, in anger.

"What do you mean?"

"He let Yoongi go, and that's all you do? Heal him?!"

"Taehyung, please."

The blond stood up, rage rushing through his veins.

"I had threatened Jungkook with him.

And now it's going to look like I was bluffing. It's going to make me look weak." Taehyung said, voice low but powerful.

"He's suffering for what he did. It's punishment enough." Jin explained.

Taehyung laughed sarcastically. "It's no wonder the demons think we're weak."

Jin furrowed his eyebrows. "Taehyung, calm down, we-"

"Forget it. Forget I said anything.

And I changed my mind about Jungkook. I'll take up the mission." The blond stated, cutting the older angel off.

The arch angel was taken aback with the sudden decision.

"Oh- um well I suppose that's good, but you don't have to start immediately."

Taehyung gave him an annoyed look. "I thought this was what you wanted."

"It is, but you shouldn't rush into it. You have to be careful-"