Chapter 10 Running, Running and More Running

Honestly, I was thinking of stopping at Chapter X-tra. Until I saw that the story went from 100 views to almost 150. Pretty much skyrocketed which really surprised me. When I saw the first comment I was really happy that my crappy imagination was being enjoyed by someone. ^^ here's an update as a thank you ^^

Nico POV

Nico Nico Nii~ I've been looking for Eli until I ran into a hot head, literally. The evil Maki is chasing after me with fire in one hand. I'm getting pretty tired and I'm almost out of stamina. Just as I was about to turn a corner and hide in the classroom, Hanayo showed up.

"Thank Nico Nii, Hanayo help me! I've got a fire breathing Maki on my tail." I look at her as she wasn't responding to anything I was saying to her. "Are you listening to me? Maki is right behind me!"

Hanayo held out her closed hand towards me and opened it, palm up. She seems to be holding a seed? Like a flower seed?

In a second, the seed sprouted vines and she aimed them at me!

"Just my luck!" I guess I wouldn't be getting any rest anytime soon. I ran towards the student council room, hoping Eli or even Nozomi to be there as soon as I stepped into the door. But no~ I didn't make it to the door. I was thrown across the room by an invisible force. As I looked up I saw me. Great... not this psycho again.

"Nico Nico Nii, did you miss me?" she threw a punch at me, which I managed to dodge and get the hell away. My escape didn't last long as she appeared in front of me. Wait? How was that possible? She was behind me a few seconds ago. I'm so dead.

Just as she jumped towards me a dark figure rammed her. But just as fast as the figure came it disappeared along with my look-a-like.

"Nico!!!"

I jumped. I forgot miss 'overheated oven' was on my tail.

Nikowa POV

Hehe~ isn't this my lucky day. Little old Nico found her human counterpart, Nico~. I teleported just behind her and managed to grab her while she was running. When I was sure I had a good grip, I threw her across the hall.

As she recovered from being thrown she looked up at me with a terrified look on her face.

"Nico Nico Nii, did you miss me?" I threw my fist at her, which she somehow managed to dodge and ran like hell.

Heh, what an idiot

I teleported in front of her and was about to throw another punch when I was rammed by something.

Of course it's you.

I was rammed by none other than this hooded girl I keep running in to! I'm getting very sick of this. I couldn't tell who she was due to her being very careful when fighting me. I know she's an other-self due to her strength. We all have enhanced physical abilities. However, we aren't nearly as strong as Hosuka. Hosuka is insanely strong.

"Your pissing me off! Get out of the great Nico Nii's way or I'll use my leg and Nico Knee you in your stupid face! Nico~"

Of course she didn't answer me, which was fine. I was going to knee her anyways and pull the hood off to see who she is.

Just as I teleported behind her she made a run for it.

"I'm not gonna let you escape me this time." I teleported in front of her again only this time she was prepared. As I appeared in front of her, she got me good with her knee to my face.

"Owie, that hurt more than it should have." I was rolling on the floor with my hands covering my face. Just as I got up I found a note next to me.

Nikowa,
Looks like I 'Nico kneed' you instead.
If you didn't talk so much during a fight,
It was possible you could have figured out who I was.
But no,
You just keep talking and distracting yourself that
You don't realize your letting your opponents stay one step ahead of you.
You may want to work on that.
Later~

THAT GIRL!!! IM GONNA KILL HER!!!!

Mystery Hooded Girl ver 2 POV (you already know it's not Umino this time.)

Sigh. Nikowa is so predictable. Now to get back to work.

Umi POV

I'm still tied to this bed in the nurse's office. I guess the girl who did this to me was the other Kotori.

I kept struggling against the restraints for a few more minutes until I saw a figure at the door.

"H-Honoka? Is that you?"

"Hi Umi. No, I'm sorry. My name is Notomi. I'm the other-self of your world's Nozomi. Goodness, looks like you were in trouble."

I just stare at her. The so called "otherworld's Nozomi? Here talking to me?

"Here, let me help you out of those restraints."

As if by magic the restraints broke and I was free. I sat up on the bed, not taking my eyes off of Nozomi, or should I say Notomi.

"T-thank you." I said after a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Come, we should find the others before you caught again." She held out her hand towards me.

I hesitated. I didn't trust her. I don't know why but my instincts told me to run.

After a while, I took her hand and she helped me up. We walked out of the room together and into the hall.

"I bet you have a lot of questions, do you?" She asked me.

I only nodded my head. Not daring to speak a word to her. My gut still told me to run.

"I'll try my best to explain." She said with a smile.

That smile of hers creeped me out. I don't know why. It looks like a normal smile Nozomi would give. I guess its creepy to me because she's Nozomi but also not Nozomi.

"UMI!!! HELP ME!!"

Honoka?

Honoka came running towards me with Eli on her tail.

"Honoka, Elichi, whats going on?" Notomi asked.

Honoka nor Eli answered Notomi.

Just as I was about to open my mouth, Eli's hands and arm suddenly looked very blue? When I got a closer look it was frost.

Eli's arm started to freeze up, almost like washing your hands with water and then sticking them in the freezer, freezing your hands and arms in solid ice. Just as Honoka near us, Eli stuck her arms out in front of her and ice suddenly shot out and at Honoka. Almost like a freeze ray.

"Umi, we need to go!" Notomi pushed me in the opposite direction. "I'll hold her back."

Wait... "your not coming with me?"

"I could buy you time if I stayed. After all, I have the power to move things with my mind. I'll be okay."

Just like that an invisible force suddenly picked me up and moved me close to the stairs and set me down gently.

"Now run, Umi!" Notomi yelled as she launched at Eli, avoiding Honoka.

I didn't look back. I ran and Honoka soon caught up to me.