Chapter 12 How it all started in the Otherworld

Sorry for the late update. Had writers block for a while so I decided to take you way back to the beginning. ^^ beyond the first chapter. Enjoy

Elise POV (beginning)

Walking around Otonokizaka, I heard a loud roar coming from the roof. It's probably a shade. Shades are creatures similar to us otherselves, only they're shadows of animals from the other world. They do still have a physical form that we could touch so they aren't fully like shadows. Unlike us, they are mostly black. I rushed up to the roof to see what kind of shade it was. As I opened the door Makino and Riho were already there fighting what looked like a cat like shade.

"Elise...I feel weird." Makino said directly to my mind. She probably directed it the message to Riho's mind as well since Riho responded.

"Same with me nya."

We lack many emotions. No words spoken. Communicating by thought, yet we are empty. Our thoughts sound so plain, lifeless. I could feel pain in the pit of both heart and mind. My human counterpart is probably down today. Which is fine to me. I don't mind baring her pain for her. It's what I am anyways.

The shade cat starting shooting fire balls from its mouth at Makino. Poor little creature. Fire has no effect on Makino. Makino threw the fire back at the cat two times stronger. As it hit, the cat fled.

"I feel something in the back of my mind. Like something is being pulled apart." Makino said. All that with a straight face.

I just ignore her. It wasn't my business, it was hers.

I went back into the building and continued to mindlessly walk around the halls. But after a while of walking, I felt a tug in the back of my mind. I felt it pulling and pulling almost to the point of breaking. I felt something that I've never felt before...fear.

The pulling got stronger as I felt it tearing at the back of my mind. I felt some snaps and tears as if string was slowly pulled apart, breaking slowly. I was on my knees on the ground holding the back of my head. The pain was intense. This pain was nothing like I've ever felt before.

Around five minutes later it stopped and I felt relieved. Wait...I "felt relieved?" I was confused as to how I could feel anything mentally. Wait...how am I even thinking? I've never had a thought of my own before.

I stood up trying to collect myself, but as I turned to look out the window I was shocked. There was like a black hole in the sky. And the sky was no longer bright blue but a dark red. What was going on?

I ran over to the rooms where the second years tend to hang.

As I reached the room and opened the door, all I saw was Umino. She had a book in her hands and seemed to have been reading it for quite some time.

"Umino?"

"Elise...Did you feel it? The pull?

"Yes."

"Our link to our human counterparts...that was what the pull was. Something was trying to break our link."

Our link to our human counterparts? Breaking? That's not possible.

Just then the windows in the school broke and Umino and I were sucked up by the blackhole.

In the black hole I saw that Makino, Nikowa, Konato, Hosuka, Hazuyo, Notomi, and Riho were also sucked up with us. I think we all fell unconscious.

As I woke up, I was in an unfamiliar place. I heard Nikowa nearby mumbling to herself. Out loud?

"Gotta find Nico. Must be the only Nico."

Then she took off.

Some others also mumbled similar things and even acted a little crazy while taking off as well.

Umino and Riho seemed to be fine though. I seemed fine too. I wasn't going crazy. Or am I already doing what the others did and I'm just not realizing it.

I lifted my arm up and held it in front of me where I could see it better. I bent my fingers slowly and then moved my arm side to side.

No, I controlled that movement. So, I'm not going insane like them...

"I read in a book that if the link to your human counter part is broken, you go berserk and start hunting down your counterpart. Either that or you go on a killing spree. We need to stop them!"

I look over and see Umino looking at me and then turning to look at Riho.

"The three of us are okay but how is that nya? I felt the link being pulled too. I felt the rip nya."

"I think our links aren't completely broken and that's why we're still sane. They can't be perfectly undamaged either since I'm feeling things I shouldn't feel. Emotions."

"Your right...I feel it too." I felt my own emotions. I'm thinking my own thoughts. Something must have happened here for us to be here in the first place.

"We need to help the human counterparts nya!"

"We can't be seen. It will only confuse things." Umino was getting a little strict.

"nya..." Riho pouted.

"Let's go find something to cover our uniforms. Then find something to cover our faces." I suggested.

I felt Umino's stare at me but when I turned to look at her, she turned red and looked away.

Hehe cute~

Once we found some long jackets we head towards Otonokizaka. It looked different. Which made it obvious that we weren't in our world anymore.

We decided to split up. Umino went inside the school. Riho wandered outside. I decided to take my search elsewhere.